Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by PR0PHET
    Maybe I should trade it in for a Yeti!
    Now your thinking with the big head!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    For the love of GOD...

I posted another thread looking for advice on a new purchase and nobody is replying. Now I figured out why...everyone is in here flaming each other about WTF I don't know. So since I didn't get any replies I just went out and bought the best damn bike out there. I don't think that throwing the name up here or talking about my stickers would fill the void that everyone in here seems to need so I figured I'd just post a picture:

Collector of Scars
    Feb 2006
    Hey, everybody's got a right to be proud of what they have, and it's fun to compare and contrast. That's what it's all about, not being rude or mean or "bashing" anybody. Just playful banter.

Besides, if you're gonna trade it in for anything, trade it in for a Klein! How many times I gotta say it?

Klein's a winner, see their prize, all other bikes are losers, make their owne sit and cry!

Ross

P.S. Had to post that, my nephew's sitting right here and it's his new thing.
    P.S.S. Thought you were all "IBEX this and IBEX that", dongonfr?
    "I don't wanna die without any scars. So come on, let's do it before I lose my nerve" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk)

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU_Grad_121
    P.S.S. Thought you were all "IBEX this and IBEX that", dongonfr?
    You busted me!! Nobody hardly asks about a FR/AM/DH bike here, it's always a light weight XC bike or i want top of the line & i'm gonna break the bank & spend $500, so i share. My personal bike is a Blitz all $2500+ of it's 39.65lbs.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by smear3
    For the love of GOD...

I posted another thread looking for advice on a new purchase and nobody is replying. Now I figured out why...everyone is in here flaming each other about WTF I don't know. So since I didn't get any replies I just went out and bought the best damn bike out there. I don't think that throwing the name up here or talking about my stickers would fill the void that everyone in here seems to need so I figured I'd just post a picture:

You should have gotten this one much better for XC.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Look,

Maybe you are new to online forums, I don't know, but when you come on a forum as a brand new member and spew a bunch of manufacturer, cut and paste hyperbole, you're gonna get bashed by the masses for the most part.

I'm glad you love that bike, thats what it's all about. I rode one before my Yeti purchase and didn't like it at all - so what does that mean? That the bike sucks? Of course not. And you saying if I (we) want the best all mountain bike get the Prophet (I'm paraphrasing), well that's just as silly....the whole editorial was kinda silly.

Enjoy the bike, again riding and having fun is what it's about, not starting bash wars over the net. So on behalf of myself (at least), I apologize and will say that C'Dale sucks and Yeti rules!

LOL, love the tricycle!

Well success! I managed to get a sh!t load of replies but zero info. Instead this thread got just a bunch of negative jargon. Everyone seemed to knock what I had to say including the guy with the Yeti near the end there. EatAdRink guy told me that I was new and spewed pure crap in other words, which is fine! I respect peoples views. There are different ways of putting it but...............did he not mention that the Yeti rules which would make his response in other words, pure crap as well!!! Why don't people just share info and help each other out? I did say in my thread that this was my purchase experience and found after testing various bikes that this one seemed to be the best fit for me. In the end no one will buy a bike purley based on anyones advice until they try it out themselves. We are all pilots in our own right and can determine which bike responds better to us.

The whole purpose of any thread in any forum on the net is to share information. I really wish people could say "the Yeti has it's advantages over the Dale because......." or "my grandfather gives better head than your grandmother because......".

Whatever! Just tried to help, I still enjoy my bike and hope that everyone else including their grandfathers enjoy their bikes too!

All the best!

ride hard take risks
    Frofetch we all said our bike are the best just for you. Your post is getting alot of praise in the c'dale section, lots of snuggling & rubbing of each other. Your post was taken bad from the way you headlined to your slamming other brands in your words. If you would have left your post where it belonged you never would have found gracious new friends like you did here. TTFN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Frofetch we all said our bike are the best just for you. Your post is getting alot of praise in the c'dale section, lots of snuggling & rubbing of each other. Your post was taken bad from the way you headlined to your slamming other brands in your words. If you would have left your post where it belonged you never would have found gracious new friends like you did here. TTFN

You're right! It's nice to make so many new MTBr friends from this very thread...........chat with y'all later!

mtbr member
    Prophet, you're taking this stuff too personally - it's the internet and people are just messin with ya (considering your original post, I can't say i blame 'em). Just ride your bike a lot and keep posting on this forum, maybe you'll learn a few things.

Ant

Oh, and it goes without saying, Yeti 575 - the one bike to rule them all.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Ant

Oh, and it goes without saying, Yeti 575 - the one bike to rule them all.
    Wrong again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

EDR
    Prophet......Dude......! I am just messing with you, geez. Every person on the first 8 or so posts said their bike was the best. Get an internet clue

For me it's the Yeti, before that is was my Tomac, next year or two later it will be Turner.....or Ventana.......or Specialized.......or Trek.......or Kona.......or Rocky Mountain........or that 3 wheeler from above..........but never, never, never a C'dale

I was genuine when I said enjoy the bike, after all, you love it. Peace out bro, and don't take us so seriously (unless we mean it of course)...

and oh yeah Dognnnnnfirrrrrr, errrr my bike is better than yours.....Ha freak'n Ha!

thats right living legend

Hey Prophet!

Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Prophet......Dude......! I am just messing with you, geez. Every person on the first 8 or so posts said their bike was the best. Get an internet clue

For me it's the Yeti, before that is was my Tomac, next year or two later it will be Turner.....or Ventana.......or Specialized.......or Trek.......or Kona.......or Rocky Mountain........or that 3 wheeler from above..........but never, never, never a C'dale

I was genuine when I said enjoy the bike, after all, you love it. Peace out bro, and don't take us so seriously (unless we mean it of course)...

and oh yeah Dognnnnnfirrrrrr, errrr my bike is better than yours.....Ha freak'n Ha!

Read this post twice...

mtbr member
    I appreciate the last couple of comments there. It's very hard to judge my replies simply by text without all those colorful smiley faces but I truly never took offence to any of the bashing earlier.

I was more just trying to get a point across if anything but I had lots of FUN here.

Look forward to bumping into all you guys in the near future.

P.S. The picture just above looks crazy sick! That could be my next bike!!!!
    Last edited by PR0PHET; 04-19-2006 at 10:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Read this post twice...
    .............?
    Last edited by PR0PHET; 04-19-2006 at 10:42 PM.

mtbr member

Question for you all?

With all that has been said.........I have taken a step back and want to take another look at some cons of the Prophet.

Could any of you gentlemen explain in technical detail, not just bashing, what makes the Prophet such an unworthy bike in its class? I am curious to see why it does not stack up to the rest of your bikes???

Hopefully someone can put together something useful here......just looking to learn a few things.

ride hard take risks
    With all that has been said.........I have taken a step back and want to take another look at some cons of the Prophet.

Could any of you gentlemen explain in technical detail, not just bashing, what makes the Prophet such an unworthy bike in its class? I am curious to see why it does not stack up to the rest of your bikes???

Hopefully someone can put together something useful here......just looking to learn a few things.
    No one here said ours is better then yours. That is the way you wrote your post. I started the comment "Versus Blitz & i have the stickers to prove it" & it went off from their. You are trying to continue a thread that you supposidly walked away from & said good by. The flame is dwindeling & your pouring titanium on it.

EDR

OMG....I am ashamed I am still riveted by this post. To answer your question.....

the Prophet doesn't pedal as well as my yeti, it is heavy like a tank compared to my Yeti, it is more difficult to navigate in slow, tight, technical switchbacks than my Yeti, it does not inspire confidence on the d/h's like my Yeti and it feels too 'sluggish'. Is that enough?

BTW, this is just my opinion and means nothing to anyone who feels differently.......My bike is not better than yours, just better than Dognnnnfirr's......

You asked.....
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 04-20-2006 at 12:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Prophet,
    All bikes have their own individual pro's and con's. It's all about what you're looking for in a bike, what type of rider you are and, as a result, what compromises you are willing to make - for example, the prophet seems to be a stronger frame compared to my 575. Don't second guess your purchase, just enjoy the hell out of it and in (blank) years look forward to buying your next bike (it could very well be another prophet - there is a reason why it gets such high praises).

Ant

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Wrong again!!
    Yuck! What is that?!!?!

Ant

Collector of Scars
    Feb 2006
    I gotta second what antonio said. If you enjoy the bike, and it works for what you want, then who the heck CARES what everyone else thinks? They don't have to ride your Prohpet, you do.

Personally, I couldn't offer any technical data on why anything is superior or inferior to the Prophet design, because I don't ride FS (read my earlier posts). Nor did I get any indication you were asking for any information, assistance, or doing anything other than raving about your new steed, which is cool. But in here, as in most areas of life, perception is reality, and someone else's perception is that C'dale is an overpriced piece. You gotta expect some ribbing on the subject. How much crap do you think I take over my pretty pretty Klein with its fragile paint job? And that's fra-GEE-lee, which makes it Italian.

Now that that's out of the way, 39.65 POUNDS, dogonfr?! Are you INSANE? That would qualify as Ugh! Ugh with a side of Ugh, to be exact! I'll stick with my Unobtanium hardtail, thanks.

Ross
    "I don't wanna die without any scars. So come on, let's do it before I lose my nerve" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk)

Freshly Fujified

My bikes the best

Everyone...repeat after me...."My bike's the best".

The bike you ride is the best bike because it's your bike. Frankly, I've written posts much like Prophet's extolling the virtues of Leader and Ibex to the point that I'm sure people just want to slit my throat. Does it really matter? Nope. We write these things because we feel passionate about something and want to share that passion with others. Others will disagree, and that's their right. I'm pretty sure that's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

To the OP-glad you love the Prophet. Slick bike and one of the cleanest looking rides out there IMO. Enjoy it and continue to share your enjoyment with others.

BTW-My bike's the best.....

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Motion activated
    Funny, but I've never though that my bike was the best. In fact, in the end, Iíve always been disappointed with the braking and suspension on the XC bikes I've ever owned. I've realized that my priorities and expectations are different than most XC riders. So now for the first time ever, I've put something together that is truly wonderful and doesn't disappoint me. In fact it's better than I expected. But take it out of itís element and all Iíve got is a slow, heavy bike. I still donít think itís the best bike ever, but itís the closest Iíve come so far and it fits into the Ďright tool for the jobí category. Some lessons are very expensive.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Motion activated
    I had to step back and look at motocross technology and motorcycle suspension. I'm sure they have thought of different linkages but a single pivot point has been the most effective.
    MX bikes have a fixed chainline, MTB's don't.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Yuck! What is that?!!?!

Ant
    Waaaahhhaawaaa your picking on me im gonna tell the moderator on you

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU_Grad_121
    Now that that's out of the way, 39.65 POUNDS, dogonfr?! Are you INSANE? That would qualify as Ugh! Ugh with a side of Ugh, to be exact! I'll stick with my Unobtanium hardtail, thanks.

Ross
    Weight training, ya thats it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast