Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013

All Mountain 26er vs. 29er

I know the topic has been discussed many times. But as strictly an all mountain bike (ie. taking drops, hitting, jump, rolling down knarly rock gardens) which do you prefer? I own several 29ers and a 26er Pivot Mach 5 (140mm 2.4 Arden/flow rims). My 29er FS is a short travel (100mm with flow rims/2.4 RR) Spearfish. As far as overall fun factor on the things I mentioned I really like the 26" Mach 5 a lot. Maybe it's the rider but the 29ers feel sluggish not very fun on jumps and drops. They definitely climb better and roll faster there's not doubt, but if I'm out on a nice easy ride looking to just hit some stuff I think I'd rather be on my 26er. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I think that is a fair assessment and I tend to agree. I really hope that very soon wheel size becomes like suspension travel (there is no one best, just a lot of options).

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well you already have the 29er so why not a nice new shiny 26er? I have both for whatever mood i'm in
    SWING YOUR LEG OVER IT AND PEDAL

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan1113 View Post
    Well you already have the 29er so why not a nice new shiny 26er? I have both for whatever mood i'm in
    That exactly what I'm doing. I think for most rides I like my 26er. Its quick and very flickable compared to my 29er. Ill ride my 9er on longer rides where its more about riding for distance than hitting whatever happens to be on the trail. I kind of feel with all the attention being thrown at bigger wheels some of the fun factor is being lost when it comes to 26ers.

two wheel whore
    The Spearfish design is a bit traditional 29er-ish, isn't it?

Either way, I think this is how most people that like 26 feel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My yeti sb95 has been working great for me. Just competed in a local enduro event in hood river, OR and it worked awesome. Course was fast and flowing with some short techy sections. For setting a fast time, the 29er works.

If there are lots of man made bermed out bowl corners the wheels will flex, and on short transition jumps it seems to require a little more body English to keep level.

beater

All Mountain 26er vs. 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post

This. I wouldn't expect a Spearfish to feel fun/playful on jumps and drops. It's a XC bike.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonaid View Post
    That exactly what I'm doing. I think for most rides I like my 26er. Its quick and very flickable compared to my 29er. Ill ride my 9er on longer rides where its more about riding for distance than hitting whatever happens to be on the trail. I kind of feel with all the attention being thrown at bigger wheels some of the fun factor is being lost when it comes to 26ers.
    Agreed......It's nice to have both!

MTB B'dos
    Exactly, it's always best to compared Apples to Oranges, you always can get to the conclusion you want when you do that sort of absolutely pointless comparison. Why not get a 5" travel, slack angled, shorter stayed 29er designed with the same intents and purposes as the Pivot, then make your conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    This. I wouldn't expect a Spearfish to feel fun/playful on jumps and drops. It's a XC bike.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

undercover brother
    For me, it comes down to feel and playfulness and the fact that I can only have one trail bike. Most 29ers I have ridden have been XC oriented, but I recently got to try out a new carbon tallboy LT. Hoping that after riding it I would cross over to the dark side and join the wagon wheelers. Nope, still felt awkward to me. I enjoy popping off stuff whenever I can, jumping, berms, etc and the big wheels just numb all that a little too much for me, but the roll over factor is nice, but I enjoy the challenge of rock gardens and finding the smoothest line. I am now waiting for my new SB66 to be built and should be picking her up Friday. Now don't get me wrong, if I had to funds for 2 or more high end trail bikes, then I'd have a 29er as well as a 26er, but my studen loan debt does not allow that.

The problem with the ever prominent wheel size debate is marketing already makes up 40% of your opinion. You read that you will be 29% faster with big wheels, and 27.5% faster with tweeners, so its already in your head, not to mention when you get on MTBR where everyone is professional analyst and tells everyone that riding trails on 26" bikes just doesn't work anymore. Ride a lot of different bikes and make up your mind for yourself. A lot of people are switching to 29ers, a lot of people are switching to 650B, alot of people are going back to 26ers, people are switching to fatbikes, people are still riding rigid singlespeed.

meow meow
    the spearfish is not exactly an "am" 29er. use it like it is meant to be used and it is a great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Exactly, it's always best to compared Apples to Oranges, you always can get to the conclusion you want when you do that sort of absolutely pointless comparison. Why not get a 5" travel, slack angled, shorter stayed 29er designed with the same intents and purposes as the Pivot, then make your conclusion.
    I agree with this -- the geometry of the the bikes has as much or more to do with the "feel" than the wheel size, I would expect. I would bet that a comparably slack, low 29'er would feel pretty similar to your am bike.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    you need two bikes. a 26" steel HT and a 27.5" alum or carbon FS.

FM
    mtbr member
    Wheel size is overrated.. as others have said.
    There are playful 29'ers and dead riding 26'ers. Peoples impressions of 29'ers are largely driven by limited selection from years ago.

Tystevens is right, if you ride a slack/low 29'er it's much more like a slack/low 26'er. Too many people have compared steep long 29'ers to slack/low 26'ers. No surprise they didn't like 'em!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Agree with what a few others have said...there are some playful 29ers, and some sluggish 29ers...same goes for the 26 inch wheels...ive ridden some down right fun and flickable 26ers, but ive also ridden some horrible ones. Really comes down to the actual bike and what its intended use is.

Im thinking in the very near future youll see more 29ers that can hold their own in the true all mountain/freeride/dh categories. 29ers like the new enduro come to mind...havent ridden one but it looks good on paper. Technology is constantly improving. For me, being on the taller side, i just feel like the wagon wheels fit me better. I still dont think one wheel size will ever own the industry...just gotta ride what feels best to you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Too many people have compared steep long 29'ers to slack/low 26'ers. No surprise they didn't like 'em!
    Yep, just like not all 26'ers feel the same. Yesterday I had occasion to ride my old, probably 71* HTA hard tail after riding my 65* Enduro for the last 2 years (little group ride with the scouts, lent a kid my old HT which, as it turned out, was shifting quite badly, so I switched the kid for my Enduro because I could deal with the shifting issues better). I hadn't ridden that bike on a trail for years, and man, what a difference -- I felt like I was constantly going to endo for the first 10 minutes I was on it.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Point taken. I haven't been out on a slack 29er FS thus far. I might have to try out my buddy's new Tallboy LTc to get a feel for it. One other thing I forgot to mention, the 29ers I currently have in my stable in addition to the Spearfish are an On One Scandal V2, and a Vassago Jabberwocky. The Jabber full rigid SS. It doesn't like to be thrown around so I keep it pretty much glued to the ground. However it climbs like a billy goat. The On One is set up as a fully rigid 1x9 and feels a little better when thrown up in the air. It requires a little more work to get the wagon wheels up but still feels fairly nimble for a 29er. I'd be less hesitant to do more with it if I had a suspension fork on it rather than a rigid carbon fork.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I ride a BMC FS 26er and never have trouble climbing, jumping or anything. My buddy rides a rockhopper 29er and is always having to true his wheels up. Maybe just a bad wheel, but it seems like a larger wheel is more likely to bend.

beater
    Maybe, but again, the wheels that come stock on a Rockhopper aren't the best basis for considering what an AM bike will handle.

MTB B'dos
    Fix it for ya....
    Quote Originally Posted by kbro225 View Post
    I ride an Orange and never have trouble climbing, jumping or anything. My buddy rides a Mango and is always having to true his wheels up. I'm comparing two things to each other that are nothing alike except that they're orange .
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Didn't you get the memo from the bike industry? You are supposed to buy a 650b this year, because it is the most bestest thing ever.

I would love to try a Tallboy LT or Devinci Atlas, but I would still lean 26 for a "true" all mountain bike. Having both 26 and 29 is my ultimate goal

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Dare I recommend the Pivot 27.5 Firebird.
    '10 Marin MountVision 650b conversion

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    I agree with this -- the geometry of the the bikes has as much or more to do with the "feel" than the wheel size, I would expect. I would bet that a comparably slack, low 29'er would feel pretty similar to your am bike.
    I agree 100& with this. I have an all mountain type 26er that handles almost like a XC 29er when it comes to turning. I suppose from the slacker head angle and longer wheel base than my XC 26er. The geometry of my two 26er changes the way the 2 bikes handle, obviously its not the wheel size.

I say to ride a number of different bikes, with different wheels sizes and geometries, then ride what you like, regardless of what anyone else says you "should" do.
    I would rather walk my bike through the woods, than sit on the couch doing nothing.
    Bike Buddy Creations

mtbr member
    I don't *always* ride all mountain... but when I do... I ride Dos Nueve.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I still have trouble with XC, All-mountain, Trail bike, etc, etc.....seems like a lot of micro-classifications here.

But it's all good for 'bidness!

mtbr member
    duplicate post

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    I still have trouble with XC, All-mountain, Trail bike, etc, etc.....seems like a lot of micro-classifications here.

But it's all good for 'bidness!
    XC: lighter, steeper head angle, less travel, better climber
    AM: heavier, slacker head angle, more travel, better at descending.

"trail" is in the middle. im going to say most "trail" bikes weigh 24-28lbs, have a head angle of 67-69 deg, and have 120-150mm travel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Sure, geometry has a lot to do with the way a bike handles, but saying that wheel size is overrated and has little effect on the handling of a bike is just ignorant. There are certain aspects that just can't be avoided with a larger or smaller wheel size.

Bigger wheels will always roll better than a smaller wheel.

Bigger wheels will always be heavier than a comparable smaller wheel.

Bigger wheels will always put the rider more "in" the bike rather than "on top" of it.

Bigger wheels carry more momentum, as more weight is further from the axle. This also changes the way the bike feels in the air, which is where a lot of all-mountain bikes spend quite a bit of time.

Personally, I hate the way a 29er feels while jumping and pumping, and no amount of changes or tweaks in geometry are going to change the laws of physics. I ride to have fun and play around on the trails. I much prefer a 26" or even a 27" wheel. If I was a serious racer, I would no doubt give the 29 a serious look. I do agree with most that it's personal preference and each has its advantages, but there are distinct traits that will remain with each wheel size.

MTB B'dos
    I think you're a BIT delusional I think MOST Trail bikes are in the 28-32lb range, with a much smaller percentage dropping into the <30lb range.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfruits View Post
    XC: lighter, steeper head angle, less travel, better climber
    AM: heavier, slacker head angle, more travel, better at descending.

"trail" is in the middle. im going to say most "trail" bikes weigh 24-28lbs, have a head angle of 67-69 deg, and have 120-150mm travel.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24 View Post
    Sure, geometry has a lot to do with the way a bike handles, but saying that wheel size is overrated and has little effect on the handling of a bike is just ignorant. There are certain aspects that just can't be avoided with a larger or smaller wheel size.

Bigger wheels will always put the rider more "in" the bike rather than "on top" of it.

Bigger wheels carry more momentum, as more weight is further from the axle. This also changes the way the bike feels in the air, which is where a lot of all-mountain bikes spend quite a bit of time.

Personally, I hate the way a 29er feels while jumping and pumping, and no amount of changes or tweaks in geometry are going to change the laws of physics. I ride to have fun and play around on the trails. I much prefer a 26" or even a 27" wheel. If I was a serious racer, I would no doubt give the 29 a serious look. I do agree with most that it's personal preference and each has its advantages, but there are distinct traits that will remain with each wheel size.
    I kinda agree with you. Wheels do make the bike feel different that no amount of geometry can change. Even watching some of the downhill videos on Youtube 26er's look like they have a little more pop when they go up in the air.

two wheel whore
    Sure, geometry has a lot to do with the way a bike handles, but saying that wheel size is overrated and has little effect on the handling of a bike is just ignorant. There are certain aspects that just can't be avoided with a larger or smaller wheel size. wheel size.
    I would think that this goes without saying. 29ers however are not what they once were 5-8 years ago.

FM
    mtbr member
    Sure, geometry has a lot to do with the way a bike handles, but saying that wheel size is overrated and has little effect on the handling of a bike is just ignorant.
    Since I said this, let me be clear!

Wheel size is overrated.
    Like many I've been riding with the same guys for many years. Once we were all on 26'ers. Now on most every ride, we have all 3 wheel sizes, 26, 27.5, 29".

The wheelsize has had pretty much no effect on anybodies riding abilities. Guys who were hitting gaps & drops on 26'ers are hitting them on 29'ers. Guys who couldn't wheelie on 26'ers still can't wheelie on any wheelsize regardless of chainstay length. Fast climbers are still first to the top, regardless of wheelsize. Everyone has fun and nobody gives a shit what gear somebody else rides, if they can ride.

So my point is that wheel size is overrated. yes it affects how the bike rides but so do millions of other factors, many of which are personal choice and nobody gives a sh*t about. Ride what ya brought. The "29'ers aren't playful" debate is pretty tired. Look at Chris Akrigg shred on 29, 26, 16" wheels, does he give a sht what wheelsize feels playful? doesn't seem like it.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/65855392" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/65855392">Chris Akrigg - five</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1089639">chris akrigg</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    A sponsored rider is paid to ride and promote different bikes. There is definitely a different feel, and different people prefer different feels. I agree that anybody can ride any size bike and enjoy it, and a good rider will be a good rider on any bike. I disagree that wheel size is overrated.

I get a distinct difference in feel, and I find the "playfulness" and flickability to be more enjoyable than the ability to desensitize the trail and log mindless miles. If you can't tell the difference, then you need to ride your bike more. I like the options for different purposes, but I have my preferences. If something is a "personal preference", then obviously lots of people "give a sh*t". I don't get free bikes, so I'm going to pick the bike that I enjoy riding the most. Is that ok with you?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: All Mountain 26er vs. 29er

The bike industry thrives on myriad technical equipment options, wheel sizes, etc. Because, As long as riders are second guessing whether their current bike is right for them and their trails, there is money to be made!

That said, I like technological advancements.

As a guy with a 36" inseam, I just sold my remedy 26er for a remedy 29er.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2013

Re: All Mountain 26er vs. 29er

Since I said this, let me be clear!

Like many I've been riding with the same guys for many years. Once we were all on 26'ers. Now on most every ride, we have all 3 wheel sizes, 26, 27.5, 29".

The wheelsize has had pretty much no effect on anybodies riding abilities. Guys who were hitting gaps & drops on 26'ers are hitting them on 29'ers. Guys who couldn't wheelie on 26'ers still can't wheelie on any wheelsize regardless of chainstay length. Fast climbers are still first to the top, regardless of wheelsize. Everyone has fun and nobody gives a shit what gear somebody else rides, if they can ride.

So my point is that wheel size is overrated. yes it affects how the bike rides but so do millions of other factors, many of which are personal choice and nobody gives a sh*t about. Ride what ya brought. The "29'ers aren't playful" debate is pretty tired. Look at Chris Akrigg shred on 29, 26, 16" wheels, does he give a sht what wheelsize feels playful? doesn't seem like it.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/65855392" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/65855392">Chris Akrigg - five</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1089639">chris akrigg</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    I love watching Chris Akrigg videos. Yea he can huck with any bike, but what I've noticed is he prefers hard tails with small wheels for most of his trickerier rides especially where he needs lots of air. So yea, having skills helps but so does having the right bike.

beater
    A sponsored rider is paid to ride and promote different bikes. There is definitely a different feel, and different people prefer different feels. I agree that anybody can ride any size bike and enjoy it, and a good rider will be a good rider on any bike. I disagree that wheel size is overrated.

I get a distinct difference in feel, and I find the "playfulness" and flickability to be more enjoyable than the ability to desensitize the trail and log mindless miles. If you can't tell the difference, then you need to ride your bike more. I like the options for different purposes, but I have my preferences. If something is a "personal preference", then obviously lots of people "give a sh*t". I don't get free bikes, so I'm going to pick the bike that I enjoy riding the most. Is that ok with you?
    I think you're going out of your way to be argumentative. FM wasn't saying there's no difference in feel, or that there isn't room for personal preference (the opposite, in fact), but that seems to be what you're arguing against.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004

This^
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I just cant handle the way 29ers look. like spandex. im small minded.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    I think you're going out of your way to be argumentative. FM wasn't saying there's no difference in feel, or that there isn't room for personal preference (the opposite, in fact), but that seems to be what you're arguing against.
    Actually, that's pretty much exactly what he's saying. Saying something is overrated and that nobody gives a sh*t about it is basically saying it doesn't matter and personal preference be d@mned. I don't care what people ride, but don't tell people there isn't much of a difference. There are distinct characteristics that make a difference on the trail, some of which people may actually care about.

beater
    Saying something is overrated and that nobody gives a sh*t about it is basically saying it doesn't matter and personal preference be d@mned.
    I don't think they're the same thing at all. You're reading "wheelsize is one variable out of many, and not necessarily the most important" as "wheelsize makes no difference." They're not the same idea. I doubt anyone here would claim that the 3 wheelsizes don't feel different. Preferring one over the other is a matter of personal taste. FM's anecdote was pretty clearly about how that now there are options, people in his circle are choosing one or the other (based on personal preference) but that it didn't spread the field at all.

FM wrote:
    So my point is that wheel size is overrated. yes it affects how the bike rides but so do millions of other factors, many of which are personal choice and nobody gives a sh*t about. Ride what ya brought.
    And you responded:
    I don't get free bikes, so I'm going to pick the bike that I enjoy riding the most. Is that ok with you?
    That you replied to a post that includes "ride what ya brought" with an exaggerated "I'm going to ride this; is that OK with you?" suggests that you either didn't get his point or you're choosing to argue it.

FM
    mtbr member
    Actually, that's pretty much exactly what he's saying. Saying something is overrated and that nobody gives a sh*t about it is basically saying it doesn't matter and personal preference be d@mned. I don't care what people ride, but don't tell people there isn't much of a difference.
    Nope. You're pretty much debating with yourself here, sorry.
    It's hardly worth my time to respond since you're failing to comprehend.

Over rated has never equaled not giving a sh*t.

A good rider is a good rider, regardless of wheelsize. Many good riders own several bikes with different wheelsizes.The wheel size is just another variable to adjust, like top tube length or tire pressure (which are both arguably far more important than wheelsize).

No need to debate this because it's my opinion: nearly all of us are overbiked, mostly because people have been brainwashed into thinking they need a 26" freeride bike for extreme XC trail shuttling. And 29'ers aren't playful and are only good for logging endless miles. It's psychosomatic: "I can't ride this, I don't have the right equipment". This is why I love the Chris Akrigg's riding, he's killing it on the simplest, most basic bikes possible. He says "I can ride this on any bike".

People need to quit blaming (or giving too much credit) to their equipment (wheelsize included)
    Equipment is over rated, it's rider ability that counts. Quit worrying about the wheelsize, it doesn't define our abilities. debating it won't make any of us better riders. That is what I mean by "not giving a sht".

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Nope. You're pretty much debating with yourself here, sorry.
    It's hardly worth my time to respond since you're failing to comprehend.
    People need to quit blaming (or giving too much credit) to their equipment (wheelsize included)
    Equipment is over rated, it's rider ability that counts. Quit worrying about the wheelsize, it doesn't define our abilities. debating it won't make any of us better riders. That is what I mean by "not giving a sht".
    If people took you seriously all the microparsing nitpick debates on MTBR (99%) would cease
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    hard to convince people that skills trumps wheelsize. that is why i believe that if you weren't fortunate to grow up on bmx it is never too late to BMXican. Put flat pedals on and learn to PUMP! It is the core of controlling/understanding speed and terrain. everything else will follow- hops, wheelies, manuals, jump ability...people confuse fitness with skill sometimes along with wheel size.

mtbr member
    ... extreme XC trail shuttling ...
    Why do you have to mock Enduro racing now?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    hard to convince people that skills trumps wheelsize. that is why i believe that if you weren't fortunate to grow up on bmx it is never too late to BMXican. Put flat pedals on and learn to PUMP! It is the core of controlling/understanding speed and terrain. everything else will follow- hops, wheelies, manuals, jump ability...people confuse fitness with skill sometimes along with wheel size.
    I agree with you skills trump wheel size, but you have to agree it's probably easier to learn how to do cart wheels and back flip with no shoes vs wearing ski boots.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonaid View Post
    which do you prefer? I own several 29ers and a 26er Pivot Mach 5 (140mm 2.4 Arden/flow rims). My 29er FS is a short travel (100mm with flow rims/2.4 RR) Spearfish.
    So Lemonaid, as your the OP, bringing it back full circle.

Others have said the same but essentially your Pivot is a trail/AM bike and the spearfish is a XC racer. Not really a fair comparison.... It would be interesting to hear your impressions of say, a SC bronson, a Norco Killer B, a Banshee Prime, a transition covert 29 and maybe a Kona Honzo. I think any of those might illustrate the point that many of us our trying to make, the wheelsize is only a single factor in what makes a bike responsive to a "fun/playful/aggressive" riding style. But at the end of the day it's down to the trail and the rider, if the rider can pump/manual/slash turns there's probably going to be a few great bikes in each wheelsize they'll enjoy. The wheelsize just isn't as big of a deal as the forums make it up to be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    650B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like my 29er, and I like my 26er, but something right in the middle would be sweet.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So Lemonaid, as your the OP, bringing it back full circle.

Others have said the same but essentially your Pivot is a trail/AM bike and the spearfish is a XC racer. Not really a fair comparison.... It would be interesting to hear your impressions of say, a SC bronson, a Norco Killer B, a Banshee Prime, a transition covert 29 and maybe a Kona Honzo. I think any of those might illustrate the point that many of us our trying to make, the wheelsize is only a single factor in what makes a bike responsive to a "fun/playful/aggressive" riding style. But at the end of the day it's down to the trail and the rider, if the rider can pump/manual/slash turns there's probably going to be a few great bikes in each wheelsize they'll enjoy. At the end of the day the wheelsize just isn't as big of a deal as the forums make it up to be.
    The closest thing I have right now to an All Mountain 29er is my On One Scandal 29er. As I mentioned earlier it feels a little livelier than then Spearfish and I'm able to pull it up easier than the Spearfish. I could probably shorten the stem a bit more to give it a little more pop. Honestly I haven't ridden a 140+ travel AM 29er yet so I can't say one way or the other. I found this on youtube over the weekend:

26er vs 29er Mtn Bikes for All Mountain Riding - YouTube

He basically says a 26er is like a quick turning ski and a 29er is more like a Giant Slalom ski which I can relate to since I spent my winters growing up skiing. As of now I'm tending to agree with him on that assessment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    Why do you have to mock Enduro racing now?
    i think they should create a tandem class and call it rally. i'm all in on 2wheel drifts w/high consequence exposure. hehe

mtbr member
    is that like tying a rock on one end of a slinky?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast