mtbr member

Adjustable seatpost by Diverse

Not sure if this was posted before...but it looks like an offspring of a Joplin x KS post

http://www.dsp-racing.com/seatpost.asp

T.W.O.
    Thanks, so little info on their website about the post though.

usually cranky
    looks nice but not enough details. who wants to be the guinnea pig?

mtbr member
    I'm checking up on some more info and hopefully be able to post up a bit more in a few days..

But first niggle after looking at the scant spec is 4.7" travel on a 447mm post.
    On this the KS wins hands down with 5" travel @ 380mm.

But the plus side is they sporting a 27.2mm version and if its anything as pictured on the site (ie without any piggy or funny appendages) then that would be nice for my steel hardtails

usually cranky
    yeah, 4.7'' on a 447mm post seems a bit crazy as some post can get 5'' in 380mm. but maybe it can be cut? or that extra length house some special internals that solve all problem of the adjustable post?

mtbr member
    Don't quote me yet... but heard some tweety said a thing or two about certain internal Ti parts in that post....

usually cranky
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

T.W.O.
    That's the problem because we know so little about the post. I know that Maverick, then Joplin and other hydro post try 27.2 but failed to release one. KS is the only one that successfully pull it off. I think that may be this can be mechanical post.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    looks nice but not enough details. who wants to be the guinnea pig?
    I was thinking the same thing. 250 bucks is a lot to gamble against the ks, rock shox,crank bros, etc. It looks a little hokey to me. Why do they have 2 different colors? Maybe they got a deal on left over parts from crank bros and ks and found a way to put them together.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane
    I was thinking the same thing. 250 bucks is a lot to gamble against the ks, rock shox,crank bros, etc. It looks a little hokey to me. Why do they have 2 different colors? Maybe they got a deal on left over parts from crank bros and ks and found a way to put them together.
    Taking the gamble is not a problem that's what I did with Maverick and KS. I must have called Rick about 20 times before I can get my hands on one that's over 12 months. KS at the time was the first 5" Hydro so it's worth the gamble. This is just another post not lighter, prettier, cheaper or better ergonomic.