Thread: 3T Extendo

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

3T Extendo

Hello guys!

Anybody got this fancy bar? Being curious about the new 12 degree backsweep thing I want to give the Extendo a try, but some people are saying it is too flexy. I weigh only 55-58 kilos (121-12 lbs) and the bike is a 150/150 (160) full-susser. Of course I'm not going to limit myself out of certain stuff just to save the bar or avoid the flex, if there is any.

What' the deal with the flex anyway? Is it really that noticeable, like the bar gives in some 1cm (0.5") at the grips, or is it like 0.5-1 mm at its largest? Or do you need to be a 100 kilo guy to feel it?

Still, I appreciate the opinions of the owners of these 3T Extendo bars. On the net, I've only found info of these bars being used on cross-country 29ers and that kinda worries me. Thank you for sharing your experience!

mtbr member
    Not AM rider, but I weigh 240. I have the 3t extendo ltd on my tallboy and rigid ss, never felt any flex. I really like these bars, very comfortable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    One idea has just striked me. Can it be that the guy who was talking about flex was using the carbon version of the bar? Carbon iirc is said to have some flex, which is done on purpose.

mtbr member
    Carbon bars should actually be quite stiff, if carbon bars started to flex that would be a bad thing...
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

mtbr member
    I used the pro version (so the alloy ones) for a few rides. They flexed far more than I felt comfortable with, so went to a Sunline V1 OS. Absolutely love this bar, but struggling to get hold of them now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Wow. What a wide range of opinions there :P

So, uhm, if I weigh 55 kilos, will I be able to flex it?

And when ti flexes, how much is it exactly? Like 1-2 centimeters or simply a couple millimeters at the end of the bars?

In case this one really isn't built for the hard stuff, does anyone know a decent deal on the Syntace Vector? (anything under $70 would be welcome)