Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13

    27.2 dropper seatpost options

    Hi All

    Apologies if this has already been covered, does anybody have any recommendations for a 27.2mm dropper seatpos?

    I was hoping the new Giant Switch may have had a skinny option considering they made a lot of their older frames in this size (which mine is) but unfortunately not, neither do Crank Bros or RockShox...

    Getting a bit tired of stopping to sort out the quick release saddle

    Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    17
    buy the KS I7-R 27.2mm

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    353
    ks(kind shock) has one, and gravity dropper.
    ks i7? has infinite adjustment I can't remember if it is 125mm drop or just 100, air sprung hydraulic locking. very nice remote. these have slow action when new, tight tolerances.
    gravity dropper has 3 postions, up, 30mm down(or close) and all the way down, which could be as much as 125mm, or 100, or 75mm. coil sprung, mechanical locking. their website I heard is out of date and they don't list the 125mm option, but contact them. gravity dropper is the original and have been very reliable, though a bit ugly.

    there may be others as well but these would be my top picks, do a search.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    353

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsman View Post
    ks(kind shock) has one, and gravity dropper.
    ks i7? has infinite adjustment I can't remember if it is 125mm drop or just 100, air sprung hydraulic locking. very nice remote. these have slow action when new, tight tolerances.
    gravity dropper has 3 postions, up, 30mm down(or close) and all the way down, which could be as much as 125mm, or 100, or 75mm. coil sprung, mechanical locking. their website I heard is out of date and they don't list the 125mm option, but contact them. gravity dropper is the original and have been very reliable, though a bit ugly.

    .
    Thanks for that, I am partial to bit of good looking kit so I like the KS over the gravity dropper which is indeed a bit of a dog.

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,277
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiestogden View Post
    Hi All

    Apologies if this has already been covered, does anybody have any recommendations for a 27.2mm dropper seatpos?

    I was hoping the new Giant Switch may have had a skinny option considering they made a lot of their older frames in this size (which mine is) but unfortunately not, neither do Crank Bros or RockShox...

    Getting a bit tired of stopping to sort out the quick release saddle

    Thanks
    The X-Fusion Hilo also offers 27.2.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The X-Fusion Hilo also offers 27.2.
    Thanks for this, never got this as a result on Google. X-Fusion looks great, nice and tidy looking.

    Looking around it also appears that the KS posts are no longer available in skinny.

  8. #8
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,766
    KS i7r

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    191
    I just picked up an X-Fusion Hilo from Outside Outfitters in 27.2 for $202 delivered. Only one ride on it but I like it so far.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    493
    I'd love to see a good Kindshock i7r --- X-Fusion Hilo comparison. *shrug*
    ***

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiestogden View Post
    Thanks for that, I am partial to bit of good looking kit so I like the KS over the gravity dropper which is indeed a bit of a dog.
    I will admit the GD is an ugly piece of seatpost, but it always works. All these threads about the Kind Shock and Reverb posts losing pressure or not working makes me happy with my ugly GD.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Similar Threads

  1. Dropper seatpost on a SS?
    By Wish I Were Riding in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 11:00 PM
  2. Dropper Seatpost
    By STT GUY in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
  3. Dropper seatpost
    By rjedoaks in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 07:32 AM
  4. non dropper seatpost?
    By 2na time in forum Maverick
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 10:36 AM
  5. Has Anyone Tried This Dropper Seatpost????
    By VTSession in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •