Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Strava
    Ridewithgps. So much better.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stepitup_onenotch View Post
    It seems that all serious XC racers are on 29ers, they just roll better than 26ers, so that segment is getting sown up. If the enduro racers start winning on 27.5ers then that will spell the end of the 26er segment. Perhaps the only viable future for 26ers is the downhill bike.

26er will be around for a long time yet though but mostly in beginner packages only. Maybe a few niche manufacturers still waving the flag.

Rocky Mtn and Scott have fully embraced the 27.5 market.
    Speaking of Enduro racing. The first place overall bike in the Enduro World Series is 26".

Winning Bike: Jerome Clementz's Cannondale Jekyll - Winning Bike: Jerome Clementz's Cannondale Jekyll - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

dwt
    mtbr member

Is 26er a dying breed?

Quote Originally Posted by kayman121 View Post
    No. Mountain bikes should not be about trends, fads, or "whats new," but rather simple physics. A 26" tire, among other things, will have a vastly different moment of inertia than a 29er or 650b, and consequently will have a unique feel to the ride. The same could be said of 29ers and 650b. It's simply is and most likely always be a preference of style and feel.
    This!

Who let the reasonable guy in?
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

dwt
    mtbr member

Is 26er a dying breed?

Quote Originally Posted by b45her View Post
    not sure what its like in murica but here in the uk 29ers are still very much a niche product apart from at xc races and 650b is almost non existant, ive never seen a tyre in the flesh at a shop let alone a whole bike. at a guess i'd say the 26" wheeled bikes outnumber the big wheelers on the trails by at least 50-1. I think its partly because of the type of riding here in the UK and partly because we tend to be far less prone to fall for the marketing hype.
    See, Atherton, Dan. Rides GT 650b I know, I know , he's paid to. But he's Dan Atherton and he's a Brit. Who knows if that endorsement will work in UK market?
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9