Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Revel X

Live Free & Ride

2016 Revel X

X-Fusion Revel X Inverted Fork

Looks like the Pike may have some new competition coming soon....has anyone taken notice of the newest and cheaper Revel X by X-fusion? Killer looks and X-Fusion claims that the Revel is one of, if not the stiffest forks on the market. Worth a look for sure!

X-Fusion Revel X Inverted Fork - Interbike 2015 - Pinkbike
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    It says its $1000. Its going up against a well known pike for a few hundred less, and the excellent (maybe better than a pike) mattoc for about $500.

I like the mini-dorado look, but thats steep.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Agreed, I don't see how they are expecting to sell many at that pricepoint. Like it or not X-Fusion is stilled viewed by many as a cheaper budget solution. The only way I can see this happening is that this thing has amazing performance and is ultra reliable. Otherwise it's going to be a hard sell with the proven competition available for at or less than that same price.

The keyed legs is an interesting concept. I'll be curious to see how the chassis performs. Overall it looks like a nice fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Also have bleed valves for pressure build up under the seals. I've had that issue on my pike and my 36, and it sux!

I'm interested in reading the reviews, we'll see.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Anyone heard anything else on this? Supposedly shipping this month and we are late into the month.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You can directly call X-Fusion to find out. I had spoken with them in early Dec, and at the time they said the ETA was still late Jan. That's also when retrofit Roughcut dampers are supposed to be available for the RL2 forks. No idea whether the timeline's changed, but I was thinking of calling them again soon.

mtbr member
    Talked to them a few weeks ago:

Hi Colin,

We are expecting the Revel X around late March. Prices are now $999.00 for the Black or Gold version.

Cheers,

John Valera

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    Talked to them a few weeks ago:

Hi Colin,

We are expecting the Revel X around late March. Prices are now $999.00 for the Black or Gold version.

Cheers,

John Valera
    Thanks for the update Colin, any specifics alto share regarding their pushed back release date?

mtbr member
    Spoke to them a week ago, talking like Sea Otter time now.... no other details

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i couldnt help it, I called X Fusion (just now).

As John states - and I'm paraphrasing:

The production of the Revel is now being pushed back beyond the April timeframe...The big boy suspension brands basically had a larger order so the X Fusion production got their spot in the line 'cut in front of'. We cannot offer a production completion date as of now, it could be June, it may even get pushed back up - we just cant say.

GAJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - never have I wanted a fork so badly, why cant they just make the damned thing!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ledude View Post
    GAJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - never have I wanted a fork so badly, why cant they just make the damned thing!
    It sounds like they can't make it because someone in one of the big brands doesn't want them to.

I'm itching for a demo ride on one, if it follows the rest of their UK pricing this will come in under the 36 and Deville price wise. That's a very tempting prospect indeed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'll point out that a very similar thing happened with the Sweep a few years ago. It was announced in April 2013, expected June, and didn't actually ship to customers until Jan '14. Before that, the Sweep had been announced as a 650b version of the Slant a year earlier.

People that time around were complaining about XF being "that company" that announces and can't get their shit together. However I'm persuaded that it's just difficult to compete when your global supply chain is shared with much larger competitors.

Personally, I might opt for a Roughcut HLR retrofit for my Sweep RL2 rather than the Revel upgrade I was planning on. Or I may hold off on any fork upgrade until the Revel gets released and tested. I wish more folks had gotten the chance to ride the prototype and write about it. It feels like a bit of a leap of faith.

mtbr member
    This unfortunately is becoming the rule, not the exception with the Revel.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Question for those who've called X-Fusion: Any word on availability for the Rough Cut retrofit dampers for use in older forks?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Question for those who've called X-Fusion: Any word on availability for the Rough Cut retrofit dampers for use in older forks?
    In stock. I just ordered mine, shipping out today.

mtbr member
    Awesome. Did you order direct from XFusion?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes I did, over the phone. Other distributors like QBP aren't expecting stock for another month.

Live Free & Ride
    Who knows if the new HLR damper will retrofit in the older Trace forks? Looking to pick up a new 13 or 14 model RL2 and wanted to make sure that it can be upgraded later on. Is it $200 from Xfusion for the new damper?
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    To the best of my knowledge, the Roughcut will retrofit into any 34mm-stanchioned X-Fusion fork. If you find an old RL2 fork on closeout, that could be a steal of a deal.

$200 direct from XF plus shipping from California. Mine arrived Monday. I can't say anything about its performance yet due to my local trail conditions - most any functional damper feels the same in single-digit temps going slow through deep powder.

To do the install you'll need a 6-point 28mm socket with the bevel ground down, an 11mm socket, 1.5mm allen (to remove RL2 adjuster knobs), 2mm allen (for the RC HLR knobs), torque wrench, and an XF damper removal tool (it's an inexpensive threaded doodad to seat the damper rod into the lowers). Might as well replace the lowers oil bath while you're at it, and XF sells their own "Pure Slick Fluid". Think Fox Float fluid, but intended for this fork/dust wiper combination.

try anything on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2405 View Post
    In stock. I just ordered mine, shipping out today.
    What's the price from them?
    The most freeride like fat bike I could make with available parts...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_biker View Post
    What's the price from them?
    I'll be perfectly unambiguous: The Roughcut HLR retrofit damper for 34mm forks (Slant/Sweep/Trace) is $200 plus shipping directly from X-Fusion. It's in stock, and will probably ship out from Santa Cruz, CA the same day you call them up to order.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Any idea how much clearance there is between the legs?

If it's comparable to a Dorado, but only 1/2# heavier than a Bluto, this could be a fat/plus bike option.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I think I'm going to do the rough cut upgrade to a set of my forks. If it's a must, I will do it on my other sweep.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm glad that there's a thread here for this fork. This thing was announced at InterBike 2013.....and it's still never been produced?
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    I'm glad that there's a thread here for this fork. This thing was announced at InterBike 2013.....and it's still never been produced?
    There were 50 of the original model and no more. They even said when they announced the MK1 that they were making 50 mostly to see if it could be done. Apparently it can.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    There were 50 of the original model and no more. They even said when they announced the MK1 that they were making 50 mostly to see if it could be done. Apparently it can.
    Not following. They made 50 to see if it could be done? What could be done?
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Not following. They made 50 to see if it could be done? What could be done?
    Could they build reliable single crown USD fork that was as stiff as a normal fork.

Also, could their manufacturer work to the required tolerances, was it practical for them to do final assembly in house and would it be cost effective to go to larger scale production. If not what would they have to change to make it so.

Those first 50 forks were essentially 50 prototypes, they were almost entirely made of CNC parts. That's not really viable for mass production, the new one uses more castings and the cartridge damper is less reliant on tolerances than the old HLR that sealed against the stanchion walls.

So I guess that's what I mean by could it be done.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Could they build reliable single crown USD fork that was as stiff as a normal fork.

Also, could their manufacturer work to the required tolerances, was it practical for them to do final assembly in house and would it be cost effective to go to larger scale production. If not what would they have to change to make it so.

Those first 50 forks were essentially 50 prototypes, they were almost entirely made of CNC parts. That's not really viable for mass production, the new one uses more castings and the cartridge damper is less reliant on tolerances than the old HLR that sealed against the stanchion walls.

So I guess that's what I mean by could it be done.
    Good info, thanks. According to the X-Fusion site then, the gold version may be far more available than was perceived back in 2013. Looks like it will be a standard offering along with the black, not just a limited edition type.

I'm quite intrigued by this option; not many 20mm axle offerings anymore for me other than the Fox 36 (I don't even consider BOS). Wish that X-Fusion could speed it up just a bit so I can at least order it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Has anyone on these forums gotten one of those first 50 prototypes from 2013? Or did they just go to biased X-Fusion company insiders?

The feedback must not've been too great if they put out 50 of them but they've back on backstop for 3 years......and are still missing their target Jan 2016 date.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The old forks use a different damper than the new ones. The new ones use XFusion's Roughcut damper which is supposedly on par with the FIT/Charger dampers. The chassis is probably similar to the 2013's though.

mtbr member
    Enduro-MTB did a review awhile back of the prototype . They loved it.

Live Free & Ride
    Seems to be that the big fork makers are making it hard for this great fork to emerge from behind the curtain. It looks the part and should compete based on the reviews coming out on the Roughcut damper that this fork houses. Based on past X-fusion fork sales and ease of service, this one should come down in price and hopefully be easy to work on at the bench. Time will tell....just not too much time plz!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Enduro-MTB did a review awhile back of the prototype . They loved it.

Is this the one you're referring to?
    The Review | The Classy X-Fusion Revel HLR Fork in Short Test | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 03-02-2016 at 09:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Yep.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I used to be part of a shop that sold XFusion and according to our shop literature XFusion created the Revel without price in mind. They wanted to create the best fork they could. Performance came first and foremost. That is why they did a limited production run when it was first 'released' to the public. It was for the die hard folks who 'wanted' it and nothing more.

Feedback on them was fantastic from the few that got a hold of them and reviewed them online. I haven't seen the newest model yet but if you have felt any of the higher end models from XFusion you know the Revel will not disappoint.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Well I don't know if X-Fusion reads forums about their products here or PinkBike or Vital or SingleTrack or whatever, but hopefully it will come soon. Looks like interest is very strong.

My annual bonus comes soon. If it ain't available by the end of April, I'll be giving Fox 36 my money.

The "keyed" stanchions and uppers concerns me though. How do those stay lubricated long-term? Are they ball bearings or like little thin rods that lay in slots? I would hate to hear from X-Fusion, you just need to service and lubricate those keys every 25hrs."

For those interested, found this "behind-the-scenes" video of the HLR Revel from 2013. I thought it was cool. That "keyway" system is even more concerning though after watching this.....

Behind the scenes at X-Fusion and the Revel HLR fork
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 03-02-2016 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beach_boy View Post
    Feedback on them was fantastic from the few that got a hold of them and reviewed them online.
    Where are these reviews?
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 03-02-2016 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Where are these reviews?
    The one that immediately comes to mind is the Enduro-mtb that is posted above in the previous post. That's the only one that I can think of off hand but there were a few floating around. The sales rep was rocking one as well and loved it, but he has to right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beach_boy View Post
    The one that immediately comes to mind is the Enduro-mtb that is posted above in the previous post. That's the only one that I can think of off hand but there were a few floating around. The sales rep was rocking one as well and loved it, but he has to right?
    Jon Hauer doesn't work for Xfusion anymore anyway.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Enduro-MTB's review was pretty sparse, not good enough for me. And I wouldn't spend the time reading a product review from the product sales rep. That's like trusting my mom to tell me the truth about a drug! (...she's a pharma rep).

I guess I'll wait patiently like you all until the end of April. Perhaps Fox 36 will get my money this year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Found this on Vital. Basically taking it to all the trade shows for three years now.

X-Fusion - 2016 Taipei Bike Show - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

Also, I PM'd X-Fusion directly on Facebook, inquiring about the fork:

Me: "When is the Revel X in either gold OR black going to be available? Not a lot of 20mm fork options for me, wanna give my $$ to X-Fusion, but may need to go Fox 36 if it's not coming soon...."

X-Fusion: "Gonna be a few months......"

Decision is settled for me then. Hope it comes out sometime soon for you guys!

mtbr member
    I've been wanting to buy this fork since it was introduced. Each time, another delay. Once this fork is finally released it will be 3-4 years after the initial announcement(maybe more), and I'm concerned that the actual product won't be able to meet the expectations of 3-4 years of hype.

Something about a ship and sailing. a missed boat, too little too late, etc etc etc.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I've been wanting to buy this fork since it was introduced. Each time, another delay. Once this fork is finally released it will be 3-4 years after the initial announcement(maybe more), and I'm concerned that the actual product won't be able to meet the expectations of 3-4 years of hype.

Something about a ship and sailing. a missed boat, too little too late, etc etc etc.
    I feel for ya! I came across the articles after Interbike 2015 and was very intrigued by the fork. I came back around after the published availability date of Jan 2016 since I knew I was in the market for a new fork. What a terrible letdown. Not sure if it's more of a sign of X-Fusion's engineering/business incompetence, or the incredible difficulty with designing a USD fork, or if the ACTUAL 50pc test-run was a feedback disaster.

3-4 years to come out with a product is a really, really.......really......long time in a commodities market.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    For what it's worth, QBP (the parts distributor) has the Revel listed with a $999 MAP and ETA of 5/2/16. XF doesn't really keep much stocked with QBP (they'd rather sell direct, to consumers and/or shops). for example, the Roughcut damper upgrade is listed as a 3/1/16 ETA and has been available direct from XF for maybe six weeks. I think overall, QBP listing the Revel for a May availability is a good sign.

It also confirms the retail price they announced at Interbike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Well I don't know if X-Fusion reads forums about their products here or PinkBike or Vital or SingleTrack or whatever, but hopefully it will come soon. Looks like interest is very strong.

My annual bonus comes soon. If it ain't available by the end of April, I'll be giving Fox 36 my money.

The "keyed" stanchions and uppers concerns me though. How do those stay lubricated long-term? Are they ball bearings or like little thin rods that lay in slots? I would hate to hear from X-Fusion, you just need to service and lubricate those keys every 25hrs."

For those interested, found this "behind-the-scenes" video of the HLR Revel from 2013. I thought it was cool. That "keyway" system is even more concerning though after watching this.....

Behind the scenes at X-Fusion and the Revel HLR fork
    I'm riding a Wren fork, it is also a single crown inverted fork with keyed stanchions. Wren is a not a big name maker, but the tech they use is new, built in Taiwan, possibly some overlap with X Fusion Revel production...

Here's a pic of a key, there are two on each leg, one per side, it's essentially a brass tab mounted on the leg that slides in a groove within the stanchion:

2016 Revel X-20160205_133232_resized.jpg

2016 Revel X-20160205_125652_resized.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Exactly as I assumed. I can't even imagine the damage those could cause if lubrication gets dry. How often do you need to grease yours? How's the friction?

I wonder if this is a systemic problem with the Revel's production delay?

mtbr member
    Exactly as I assumed. I can't even imagine the damage those could cause if lubrication gets dry. How often do you need to grease yours? How's the friction?

I wonder if this is a systemic problem with the Revel's production delay?
    Hydraulic seatposts such as the Rockshox Reverb use keys to hold the post in place. I assume they are lubricated by oil within the post in the same way fork bushing are.

The answer to how often I have greased mine in the last ~4 years: Never.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post
    Hydraulic seatposts such as the Rockshox Reverb use keys to hold the post in place. I assume they are lubricated by oil within the post in the same way fork bushing are.

The answer to how often I have greased mine in the last ~4 years: Never.
    Well, to be fair, the amount of movement between a dropper and a front fork isn't really comparable.
    You've never greased it in4 years? Is that why you have it torn open at the moment? =)

mtbr member
    Well, to be fair, the amount of movement between a dropper and a front fork isn't really comparable.
    You've never greased it in4 years? Is that why you have it torn open at the moment? =)
    True, just saying that it has been done before. Fork teardown was another poster; my Reverb is still in one piece, though yes it could do with a rebuild.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post
    True, just saying that it has been done before. Fork teardown was another poster; my Reverb is still in one piece, though yes it could do with a rebuild.
    Oh my bad, thought you were the same dude who posted above. Was on my smartphone.

In theory the keyways make sense, but the amount of friction of those keys inside fork stanchions is scary. This fork looks and sounds badass, but I think I have a legitimate concern until X-Fusion and unbiased reviews confirm there's nothing to worry about.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Fork legs are filled with oil. Brass keys, covered in oil, sliding down a keyway... I think you're over-reacting to a very simple and common design element.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Well, to be honest here, they're not filled with oil. Some sides have 10cc only, so I guess it depends on where the keyways sit inside the stanchion tubes, and if they connect the uppers and lowers in a fixed way or if they actually slide up and down during riding. Theoretically, you're right though, oil would slosh around onto them if they are low enough to the seals and on that side of the product. But now that I watch that video over again that I posted last week, I'm starting to think the keyways are a fixed/permanent state, they don't actually move. But I ain't no engineer.

This all makes me quite curious what the 3yr delay has been attributed to....

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    True, but at least in theory the oil should coat all the internals. If you look at a standard fork the oil all starts off at the bottom of the fork leg, but is expected to migrate up to the bushings (which are usually directly below the dust wipers).

Which, coincidentally, is one of the advantages to an inverted fork design from what I understand. The oil is closer to the bushings at all times.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Got a response today from my direct email with X-Fusion. Needless to say I went ahead and ordered a Fox 36 today.

≈ > ♥
    Just got word.
    First batch ships from Taiwan in 2 weeks. Very limited numbers.

Stoked! I've been waiting for a while for these...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim View Post
    Just got word.

Who ever told you that is pulling your chain...i just called x fusion directly to place the order given your statement above...definitely still looking like 3 months until they might come in...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just got word.

"Limited numbers", as in, like, 2 forks probably.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Axa
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Do any one know why the Revel 29" version is not also rated as a 27+ fork since its significantly wider then the McQueen when comparing the photos that appears to have the exact same scalding on the x-fusion website..

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm sure you could run whatever size tire you want. 27.5+ will fit with room to spare.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    June 2016.....still no news of this thing?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    July 2016....still nothing?

≈ > ♥
    Deliveryman just bingbonged my doorbell, and delivered me a boxfull of Unobtainium. STOKED
    New bike almost done.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Deliveryman just bingbonged my doorbell, and delivered me a boxfull of Unobtainium. STOKED
    New bike almost done.

What the f*ck? Two of them? Sell me one please.

Also, I want the gold.

Edit: just realized you're in Canada as well. WTF.
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 07-20-2016 at 10:55 PM.

mtbr member
    How did you get these?
    X-FUSION-SHOX
    USA Sales & Service Mgr.

Pain is only temporary but Glory is FOREVER!!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    del eat
    Last edited by lacanuck24; 07-22-2016 at 09:14 AM.

≈ > ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaprider4Life View Post
    How did you get these?
    Factory account. I'm not in North America at the moment, probably had quicker shipping than you guys, as I'm nearer to the factory...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lacanuck24 View Post
    He better not sell you one, cause one of them is MINE!!!
    It's all good, I don't want that one. I've seriously waited years and years for the fork, I'm not selling out and buying a color I don't want. Enough black forks out there already. Want that gold.
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 07-22-2016 at 12:31 PM.

≈ > ♥
    I got tired of waiting for other new parts to show up. Borrowed brakes, wheelset, and seatpost from my other bikes last night to get out and ride today. Did a wet, humid, and hot 52km XC/AM rip.

Fork is awesome.
    Easy to set up. Lightweight as the Slant, but as stiff as the Vengeance.
    Roughcut HLR damper is godlike. Very supple, yet nicely controlled. Gobbled up wet offcamber roots with no deflection.
    Having the hi/lo comp adjusts on the top of the leg made it super easy to adjust while riding.

I dig it.

2016 Revel X-p7290037.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice, Im Jealous! Glad you like it.

Xfusion told me last week that they will not come to the USA. Not going to get one here. Bummed about that....

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by subydoo View Post
    Nice, Im Jealous! Glad you like it.

Xfusion told me last week that they will not come to the USA. Not going to get one here. Bummed about that....
    I was told the exact same thing on Facebook last week. What a total complete letdown.

Not sure why they bother to keep showcasing it at Interbike every year. Liars.

Bye, X-Fu.
    Last edited by chrisingrassia; 08-04-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Axa
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Any news on Revel production in the future?

Its now removed from the "forks page" but still pictured here Select a product category from X Fusion Shox.

Luckily there is other really good loking USD forks in development..

Test: Intend SC166 Upside-Down-Federgabel - MTB-News.de

https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1862521

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Axa View Post
    Any news on Revel production in the future?

Its now removed from the "forks page" but still pictured here Select a product category from X Fusion Shox.

Luckily there is other really good loking USD forks in development..

Test: Intend SC166 Upside-Down-Federgabel - MTB-News.de

https://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1862521
    I called X Fusion a few months ago to ask why no release in the USA.

Summary in bullet points for you (from Clark -dudes name on the X Fusion customer service phone):

- X Fusion USA received a batch of the Revels, it didn't meet their QC standards (my own opinion inserted here:which I take are higher here in the USA, due to the litigious nature of our society)

- X Fusion parent company still sold and released a batch of these to the other markets (namely Asia as this is where they have an active 'gray market').

- Said that if you really want one, look out for one on ebay as that is where they might pop up...i wouldnt waste my time however...

X Fusion USA simply didnt feel that the quality of the build was up to snuff for any price that they could sell these at. Personally, I got turned off from X Fusion through this experience. They really duffed this one - too bad as I think they make a really solid under rated product in their suspension line up.

On another side note, I had called X Fusion a few months ago to get an update (this time John picked up). He stated that this fork was going to be a super gucci and high end, and also required a loooooooot of maintenance, like every 60 hours full rebuild. Looking back on that conversation now, I think they knew that this fork was going to be problematic. Strange how one of their own guys was actively talking me out of buying the fork.

the Boltron is specific to lame e-bikes (becuase it weighs an anchor ton of weight).

RST Rebel - on ebay now for 600...someone please buy one and provide a review.

2017 RST Rebel 29" MTB Inverted Fork 130mm Black | eBay

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    2016 Revel X-img_3604.jpg

Only have maybe 10 hours on the fork but so far, so very nice. I've been running a Vengeance and Sweep without Roughcut dampeners in them on other bikes so this is my first time with the cartridge.

For a Roughcut cartridge virgin I'm having a good time so far. My Vengeance has the HLR adjustments but the Revel is much more sensitive with each click of a dial, at least in my experience so far.

My only gripe would be that I always seem to have to run my forks 20-30psi below recommended for proper performance, and the Revel seems to be the same.

Here's to hoping the 60 hour rebuild period isn't true. I know my buddy has close to that on his so maybe he'll open his up out of curiosity!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    zahgurim and lacanuck24.

Are either of you in the USA or overseas in Asia/Europe.

Just curious as to how you guys got a hold of a set?

≈ > ♥
    I'm Canadian, from BC.
    I split my time between Canada and Asia. I build custom frames, and have a factory account with X-Fusion in Taiwan. I get forks/parts directly from XF.

I have almost 1000km on it already, and haven't had to touch a thing on them. They're solid, and they're my most favorite medium-travel fork I've ever ridden. I will give an honest review on them as things progress, and keep the thread updated.
    I have ridden the crap out of these on everything from XC trails to full-on shuttle DH chunky goodness.
    My only regret so far is that I didn't buy more when I had the chance.

It's my understanding that they didn't complete a large production run only because the cost of production is not cheap.
    The initial run in the US was expensive to do, so production was moved to Taiwan. Production cost is still expensive. XF prides themselves on building quality product at reasonable prices, and these forks are not a reasonable price.

Given enough demand, I bet they would do limited production runs, or do small batches periodically.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm Canadian, from BC.
    I split my time between Canada and Asia. I build custom frames, and have a factory account with X-Fusion in Taiwan. I get forks/parts directly from XF.

I have almost 1000km on it already, and haven't had to touch a thing on them. They're solid, and they're my most favorite medium-travel fork I've ever ridden. I will give an honest review on them as things progress, and keep the thread updated.
    I have ridden the crap out of these on everything from XC trails to full-on shuttle DH chunky goodness.
    My only regret so far is that I didn't buy more when I had the chance.

It's my understanding that they didn't complete a large production run only because the cost of production is not cheap.
    The initial run in the US was expensive to do, so production was moved to Taiwan. Production cost is still expensive. XF prides themselves on building quality product at reasonable prices, and these forks are not a reasonable price.

Given enough demand, I bet they would do limited production runs, or do small batches periodically.
    So tempting to get grab one.

You need to get your Filthy butt out here to Vegas for interbike before long, my house is always open to you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Is here some new real world feedback and comparisons? :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bansaiman View Post
    Is here some new real world feedback and comparisons? :-)
    This thread (and fork) is dead, bruh.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    The fork isn't dead. Just harder to get than a night with your friends hot mom.

I've spent more time on mine and I'm very satisfied so far. Got the tune pretty close to ideal for myself. Rides high in the travel but really soaks everything up nice and uses all its travel well. Definitely much stiffer than the Sweep I used to ride. Dampening is awesome with the Roughcut cartridge. It makes me want to drop a roughcut into my Sweep.

Plus it looks *****ing!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The fork isn't dead. Just harder to get than a night with your friends hot mom.

I've spent more time on mine and I'm very satisfied so far. Got the tune pretty close to ideal for myself. Rides high in the travel but really soaks everything up nice and uses all its travel well. Definitely much stiffer than the Sweep I used to ride. Dampening is awesome with the Roughcut cartridge. It makes me want to drop a roughcut into my Sweep.

Plus it looks *****ing!
    Bruh, besides you and zhagurim there ain't no one else running this

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Bruh, besides you and zhagurim there ain't no one else running this
    Bruh, the fork isn't dead. Just hard as hell to come by. They exist but just not in many consumer hands.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Bruh, the fork isn't dead. Just hard as hell to come by. They exist but just not in many consumer hands.
    It's not dead, but it's not in consumer's hands?
    Come on, be real at least.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    It's not dead, but it's not in consumer's hands?
    Come on, be real at least.
    As I said, it's not in "MANY" consumer's hands to be 100% accurate. Zahgurim is industry, but I myself am not. I'm a consumer in every way, and I know at least one other consumer who has a Revel. So you can't say "it's not in consumer's hands." Not impossible to get, but probably easier to nail your friend's hot sister than get a hold of one.

Revel ain't dead!

Axa
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    So why so quiet about the Revel of the project is still alive?
    When they still have the Revel pictured on the web they could at least update us who have been patiantly waiting for several year's now!
    Im at the moment ordering a bike to be delivered in May.. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description
    X-fusion is the basic option. But now I'm leaning over towards upgrading to DVO all over if we get no good explanation on whats happening around the Revel. And the reason is nothing but X-fusions silence..
    The Revel would be a perfect match on my Tantrum Meltdown. But I'm convinced I will be at least as satisfied with DVO Diamond and Topaz, and the great serviceability, customer support and communication from DVO..
    X-Fusion, Inform us!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Axa; 11-24-2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Spelling

Elitest thrill junkie
    The Wren fatbike fork has keyed stanchions and has been available for a while....but it's 6lbs...they have regular versions available, but they probably weigh around 5.5lbs real-weight.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Axa View Post
    So why so quiet about the Revel of the project is still alive?
    When they still have the Revel pictured on the web they could at least update us who have been patiantly waiting for several year's now!
    Im at the moment ordering a bike to be delivered in May.. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description
    X-fusion is the basic option. But now I'm leaning over towards upgrading to DVO all over if we get no good explanation on whats happening around the Revel. And the reason is nothing but X-fusions silence..
    The Revel would be a perfect match on my Tantrum Meltdown. But I'm convinced I will be at least as satisfied with DVO Diamond and Topaz, and the great serviceability, customer support and communication from DVO..
    X-Fusion, Inform us!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't hold your breath. X-Fusion has been showcasing the Revel at trade shows for 4 years now. Never been out.

≈ > ♥
    They are out and available, if you know where to look.
    Just not in the US/Canada, as the US distro didn't bring them in?

Distributors/consumers in China, Taiwan, and Korea have them, and are loving them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    They are out and available, if you know where to look.
    Just not in the US/Canada, as the US distro didn't bring them in?

Distributors/consumers in China, Taiwan, and Korea have them, and are loving them.
    China, Korea, Taiwan. The hotbeds of mountain biking. >_<

≈ > ♥
    There is actually some pretty decent riding in East Asia.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I just ordered one from a bloke that has an account with x-fusion in Taiwan! Gold crowns, $1k aud delivered to Melbourne Australia. I'll post some pics when it arrives in about 5 days .

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ideate View Post
    I just ordered one from a bloke that has an account with x-fusion in Taiwan! Gold crowns, $1k aud delivered to Melbourne Australia. I'll post some pics when it arrives in about 5 days .
    So I guess there's like 3 or 4 people now with this fork then.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    So I guess there's like 3 or 4 people now with this fork then.
    The bitterness is strong!

It's in consumer hands though!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    You could always ask for my contact and order some yourself?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    There is actually some pretty decent riding in East Asia.
    China, Korea, Taiwan. The hotbeds of mountain biking. >_<
    There is some dam great biking in South Korea. I would move back there if I could.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I contacted John from X-fusion and he wrote me that it's going to happen mid March for the US.
    Europe he couldn't tell.

Hope he's right!!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Sorry, here's some Revel love

2016 Revel X-ns_surge_26_plus.jpg

2016 Revel X-d109109e231dc6032f54cd2b306c079c.jpg

2016 Revel X-b34c691c63497e5bd3a8942260089632.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    the saga continues:

a bird told me that X Fusion USA will be receiving a shipment of these forks sometime in the next few months...The Revel is back on their website.

Looks like these are about to hit the street as production forks...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    To be honest, the Revel has been on their site consistently since 2015. It's just never been on the shelf.

mtbr member
    It's been pictured on the site. But specs etc have previously been removed from the "forks" section for a long period..

Sent fra min XT1562 via Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast