Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Revel X

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I got the same message for Europe. You can also order them from iron stable in Taiwan.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice!

Any official word on pricing or go by previous numbers?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lacanuck24 View Post
    Nice!

Any official word on pricing or go by previous numbers?
    the saga continues:

turns out X Fusion is planning on shutting down their santa cruz location. all X Fusion products will in the near future be serviced out of BTI or QBP - doesnt seem like the Revel will be a staple amongst the offereings from these distributors. Santa Cruz office just received their last shipment of goods, they dont plan on receiving any more inventory at that location.

That doesnt mean that the Revel wont be added in the future...so its still looking to be tough getting one of these forks....

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ledude View Post
    the saga continues:

turns out X Fusion is planning on shutting down their santa cruz location. all X Fusion products will in the near future be serviced out of BTI or QBP - doesnt seem like the Revel will be a staple amongst the offereings from these distributors. Santa Cruz office just received their last shipment of goods, they dont plan on receiving any more inventory at that location.

That doesnt mean that the Revel wont be added in the future...so its still looking to be tough getting one of these forks....
    shocking.
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    They are definitely available.
    Got mine easily, I just sent a mail to iron stable. that easy.
    I just got the bike back tonight, with the gold edition fork on it.
    I still have to try the fork, so that s tomorrow.
    one thing: no manual came with it, just basic warranty etc. Nothing available online.
    Is there a second air chamber that can be adjusted or just the main one ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by matt2000 View Post
    They are definitely available.
    Got mine easily, I just sent a mail to iron stable. that easy.
    I just got the bike back tonight, with the gold edition fork on it.
    I still have to try the fork, so that s tomorrow.
    one thing: no manual came with it, just basic warranty etc. Nothing available online.
    Is there a second air chamber that can be adjusted or just the main one ?
    Sounds legit from a guy who joined 7 years ago and has literally 1 post. For a product that's been "pending" for like 5 of those years.....
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    oh boy... I guess you did try to call iron stable in taiwan, before writing the above post. No? didn t think so...
    So for the other guys following this post, call iron stable ( listed on x fusion's website) and you ll get one. Their singapore sub had 2 other bikes with the black version mounted.
    Below the link to their page. revel « 搜尋結果 « 鋼鐵馬廄 Iron Stable. they respond to emails very fast. I ll post a pic of my bike with today's paper for the doubters...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    2016 Revel X-img_1851.jpg2016 Revel X-img_1850.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I should add that I started looking for the fork 2 weeks ago... frankly I was stunned how quickly i got my hands on one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I ordered mine last week. There will be only one offset option (46mm) 27.5 but it can be tuned for a 29" hope to get it in 6 weeks

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Sounds legit from a guy who joined 7 years ago and has literally 1 post. For a product that's been "pending" for like 5 of those years.....
    You sure called that one. You're awfully upset you don't have one of these, huh?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I should add that I started looking for the fork 2 weeks ago... frankly I was stunned how quickly i got my hands on one.
    Iron stable is legit....Patrick can hook you up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    first feedback after about 8 hrs of riding ( my previous fork was a pike).
    it feels way stiffer than a pike fore / aft. very noticeable on hard breaking.
    dials for HSC and LSC are super effective, the 12 clicks of adjustments each make an impact. You can dial the support through the stroke and that is way better than the pike
    It is still not as smooth as my 1y old pike, particularly at the beginning of the stroke.
    On the revel you can feel the keyway sliding inside, almost like the internals have not yet bedded in completely. Everything still feels tight. That being said, my pike smoothness improved over time, and when comparing new and used Revel, previous reviewers also noted that used revel were a lot smoother than new ones. I will keep you guys posted on how this evolves. So far happy but i would definitely like the fork to require less breakaway force for it to be total winner. Time will tell if the fork gets there in a couple month.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    first feedback after about 8 hrs of riding ( my previous fork was a pike).
    it feels way stiffer than a pike fore / aft. very noticeable on hard breaking.
    dials for HSC and LSC are super effective, the 12 clicks of adjustments each make an impact. You can dial the support through the stroke and that is way better than the pike
    It is still not as smooth as my 1y old pike, particularly at the beginning of the stroke.
    On the revel you can feel the keyway sliding inside, almost like the internals have not yet bedded in completely. Everything still feels tight. That being said, my pike smoothness improved over time, and when comparing new and used Revel, previous reviewers also noted that used revel were a lot smoother than new ones. I will keep you guys posted on how this evolves. So far happy but i would definitely like the fork to require less breakaway force for it to be total winner. Time will tell if the fork gets there in a couple month.
    Give it a few rides...the fork needs to break in (just like you noticed).

The breakaway sensitivity definitely increases as it starts the bed in. This is a heavy fork, no denying that. I welcome the extra weight though as it seems to help wi TN stiffness and assist in the damping sensitivity.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Got it. hopefully that won t take too long!
    agreed it is not a lightweight but it doesn t seem to be an issue when riding. Also lower taleral stiffness does not create any problem. the fork is still very precise and quite enjoyable in fast rough corners.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Got it. hopefully that won t take too long!
    agreed it is not a lightweight but it doesn t seem to be an issue when riding. Also lower taleral stiffness does not create any problem. the fork is still very precise and quite enjoyable in fast rough corners.
    Any more riding on that revel fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    very little. pump track only. The fork is smoothing. One interesting thing that i did not notice initially: there is a note inside the owner manual etc that says the fork is designed to react to bumps, and that therefore the fork does not react properly to a " push test ". For a "push test" to be performed, the rear of the bike should be off the ground so that the fork is vertical / perpendicular to the ground.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    "regular" parking lot tests are pretty worthless with this fork.

I've gotten maybe 15-20 hours on my second Revel and the difference between it and my first fork is obvious but expected. It took probably 40+ hours to really break in my first Revel, but there was a lot of experimental adjustment happening there that probably wasted some time. Now the fork is awesome. Getting the sensitivity I need on all sizes of impacts.

The parking lot test isn't great for sag setting and you can feel a lot of twist/flex in the fork if you wedge the wheel against something. Very disconcerting till you hit the trail. When things get going the fork feels stiff and composed. I have no fear running it strait into things. It does what I want it to do without any complaints or angry feedback.

Hopefully having the tune info from my first fork will reduce the wasted break-in time for the second. A lot of patience waiting for the break-in.

Oh, air pressure. Not at home right now, but if I remember right the fork chart recommends aboot 100psi+ for my body weight. I'm only 5'8/230lbs - 173cm/104kg with my all my gear. But my fork was super stiff at that pressure. I've been experimenting with 78-85psi to get the right feel/bump sensitivity

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    agreed on pressure, i am running much lower.

M

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    true on the parking lot setting not really working for setting the sag: what was your process to get it right?
    ps: i ll check my air pressure, and will see if I run it like, around 20% to 15% lower than factory.
    One more thing: did u experiment with oil volume ? the factory is telling me that this is how I can reduce the air spring volume ( like with token).

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    true on the parking lot setting not really working for setting the sag: what was your process to get it right?
    ps: i ll check my air pressure, and will see if I run it like, around 20% to 15% lower than factory.
    One more thing: did u experiment with oil volume ? the factory is telling me that this is how I can reduce the air spring volume ( like with token).
    I never really worried about the sag since the process requires multiple people. Lazy I guess.

I haven't experimented with oil volume yet either. I've been pretty happy with the performance of the fork overall, but I'd like to mess with it a bit. I feel like I'm not getting the last 5-10mm of travel very easily, hoping playing with the oil will fix that. Man I wish these forks had tokens. probably my only real gripe

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    i am getting a second one :-)
    I ll be putting it on a hardtail this time around.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Gold looks ok on black

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Nice!!!
    thinking stanton switchback titanium + black version.
    what is that rear tyre?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ideate View Post
    Gold looks ok on black
    Came here to say that this bike looks amazing.
    roots, rocks, logs, downhills, jumps, drops, chutes, climbs...repeat

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Does the new revel have the Same dual positive air spring as the first one from the limited Series? If no, how is the Support without cranking in lsc?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    What price did you guys get from Taiwan ex. shipping?

Looks pretty sick!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    single positive air chamber. so only one to adjust. I find that the support is naturally good, and that the LSC is also quite effective along its range.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    single positive air chamber. so only one to adjust. I find that the support is naturally good, and that the LSC is also quite effective along its range.
    Thanks for the feedback, how much did you pay for it excluding shipping and taxes?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    retail price. it is on iron horse TW website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    retail price. it is on iron horse TW website.
    Thanks, do you have any links? Do they have different color options?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
    Thanks, do you have any links? Do they have different color options?
    Just google, found it pretty easily .

Can anyone compare midstroke s upport and Sensitvity to those of a lyrik or float 36?
    Please: -)

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Just read reviews of something with a roughcut damper in it like the sweep to compare.

Test Monkey
    Just picked an all black one up from Iron Stable a week ago. Super impressed with the fork. I was coming off a DVO Diamond and this thing blows it out of the water. Small bump is fantastic and it remains controlled over brake bumps, roots, drops, etc. Even fresh out of the box the thing ate curbs. I'm light enough at 155lbs that I don't notice a difference in flex. I am running 10psi lower than suggested but with the high and low speed compression dialed in a bit I find it more than composed enough.

Broke it in with some laps and collegiate races up in Steamboat and it was flawless all weekend. Plus it looks sick! All in all I'm sold.

Pic taken before brakes fitted, I couldn't resist with how rad that thing looks:
    2016 Revel X-img_5270.jpg
    2016 Revel X-img_5271.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Revel X-img_5271%5B1%5D.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12