mtbr member
    Feb 2013

2013 Norco Truax 2

Hey all,

I was wondering who had this bike and what do you think of it? I am considering one for aggressive AM riding, emphasis on downhill; either this or a Enduro Evo, but the 2013 Evo is $400 more, so I'd have to grab a 2012 Evo, which is about the same price as the Truax 2.

Also, any owners in Southern Ca? I have been trying to find retailers for this bike but have only found one (Bike Attack); Norco's website LBS locator doesn't work well. Where did you buy yours?

Perhaps my most important question is what size do you think I should get? I'm 5' 11" (1/4 inch from sixfoot) What are the pros/cons to going with a medium vs a large? It seems that I might have to order one through an lbs and might not get to actually sit on it. The reality is, I have checked so many LBS in my area and none of the offer real test rides, just biking around the lot, so ordering one without trying it doesn't seem to bad. I appreciate everyone's input.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'10 and I ride a 2011 enduro comp that I've upgraded with a fox talas 36. The M fits more like a L so it should fit you great. I absolutely love it. Ive owned other AM bikes that are built to go down more than up like the reign x, covert and nomad. I went back to an enduro because spez really got it right with this frame. It's super stable going down and the EVO would be a monster.

I bought my enduro brand new about 3 months ago at UC Cyclery for 2300 which is a killer deal. They had a medium 2012 EVO for 2700 I believe which is CHEAP. You should call them up and see what they can do for you. Never ridden the Norco but it looks like a good ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Not that this is a big deal, but damn the specialized bike is ugly, imo. It's a weird yellow and black. Only their higher end enduro's look cool. The 2013 model is alllll black.

I really like that both bikes are coil suspension, any opinion on which suspension is better?

Yeah I have found a few places with the 2012 Enduro for $2750 and the Norco Truax is $2800, but the one place I found doesn't have it in stock.
    Last edited by TheMushroom; 02-18-2013 at 01:36 AM.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: 2013 Norco Truax 2

I would recommend a large. Norco does smaller sizing, from what I can tell. I'm 6'3 on an XL and it feels like a large for the most part. I know Mark's Baywood Cyclery is a Norco dealer. That's where I got my Range.

Truax is a dope bike. Both are very capable, but I think the Truax is 'beefier'
    The Truax runs Norco's ART-FSR design, with the fuax bar and a slightly higher point of pivot, while Specialized is a regular FSR with no faux bar. Those words don't communicate a lot... So uhh good luck.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for the input thus far. I got a response on Norco's website from there in the riders' comments section and they said the size of the frame depends on preference but he would lean towards a medium.

Unfortunately Baywood Cyclery is 4hrs away =/

I am gaining more interest in this bike as time passes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    The Truax runs Norco's ART-FSR design, with the fuax bar and a slightly higher point of pivot, while Specialized is a regular FSR with no faux bar.
    All Norcos are anything but a 'faux bar'. They are a true 4 bar linkage. In the past few years they have designed in a little more anti-squat to their design (ART).
    If you go for a Norco go for the Large. At 6 feet a medium will be too small. I'm 6'2" and my Norco from a few years ago was a tad too small.

mtbr member
    You really can't go wrong with either bike. Any reason why you're not considering the Traux 3? It's almost 1k cheaper than the Traux 2. It has the X-Fusion suspension all around and from what I hear, X-Fusion is really good stuff, superior to fox. The wheels seem like a little lower quality but that can be easily upgraded later on for a lot less than 1k. Elixir 1's to 5's is a very minimal upgrade in braking, if any. How much do you weigh? Why not just get the air suspension? Are you going to be hucking the bike so hard you need the coil? Some people were riding redbull rampage with single crown air forks. Food for thought.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    How much do you weigh? Why not just get the air suspension? Are you going to be hucking the bike so hard you need the coil?
    I weight 228lbs, a bit more with gear on. I do like to hit jumps rather hard, but I don't know if i actually need coil suspension. My biggest problem thus far has been finding retailers for this bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    So, today I ordered a Norco Truax 2 from a shop about an hour away. I wasn't sure what size to get but since he had none in stock he said that if I pre-paid in full he would order both a medium and large and size me to the right one when the order came in (4-5 days). I did find another place that sells the bike, albiet a little further away, but it sold for $3500, which is what Norco has on their website as the price in U.S. dollars; I got the bike for $2800 ($3066 with tax).

Thanks for everyone's advice and input, I had asked around and made a few different posts on this forum, and others, before making my decision.

mtbr member
    Good deal!!!!! I'm sure you'll love it, it looks like a great ride. Post sum pix on top your favorite peak when it gets here. It sounds like it has the geometry you're looking for, which above all, is the most important factor when finding a bike. You can upgrade the bike but you really cant adjust the geometry. Just like how there's the angle headsets and offset bushings, its just not the same. Very rarely does an aftermarket producer know better than the original manufacturer. It's like buying a Honda and trying to make it as fast as a corvette. Should have bought the corvette in the first place.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: 2013 Norco Truax 2

Perfect, pictures?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I picked up my bike today I will post some pictures soon-ish.

Sooooo, true story. I ordered my bike and the LBS got a confirmation number from Norco that the bike I wanted, 2013 Norco Truax 2 was in stock. However, come to find out it wasn't. So instead, for the same price, I was given a 2012 (not 2013) Norco Truax 1, which is significantly better, it also costs $2500 more new, generally speaking. I can't wait to take it for a spin, unfortunately I have to wait until Thursday. Thanks for everyone's input on the various threads in the forum pertaining to my decision on a new bike.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I just got my 2013 norco truax and love it!! I might upgrade from the fox van rc to the fox dhx shock, but this is my 2nd norco and I love them for the price you cant beat a candian bike. The ART tuning does not let the bike squat when doing big jumps, corning. it tracks really good! I found the bike that does it all. I think i might forever be a one mnt bike guy!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I love my 2013 norco truax 2!!! this is the best do it all bike for the buck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Norco Truax 2-p4pb9339162.jpg