Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2013 Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO V2 TI

Any one with info on the 2013 fork. I am seriously considering it for my 2013 sworks enduro. Mainly for the bike parks but wounded how it would do for every day riding too. They seemed to have came a long way from the past couple of years and it has gotten a good review from bike Radar last year and it made the DIRT 100 this year. Please advise with you comments

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It is tough to find good info out there on newer Marzocchi forks. I have the 2012 55 CR, and I'm not really sure how similar it is to the RC3. All I can say so far about the 55CR after a solid 1.5 months of riding is that its a beast of a fork. I take it on cross country rides and it has a great platform that limits effort induced bob. My typical rides are very technical east coast style riding and it is great here as well. Stays into the upper 3rd of travel when on flat and technical, mid travel when things point down and are technical. I can get full travel on a typical bottom out event like a bad transition from a rock roller, drop to flat, etc.

I used it this weekend very heavily at the Plattekill enduro test event. I did not come away wanting more or less fork. I also took it on a couple DH laps after the event, and I had no clue my endorphin with that fork would make that terrain as rideable as it did. not sure if this helps but so far I am sold on newer Marzocchi forks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    This may not be relevant to the 2013 model, but I do own a 2011 55 RC3 Ti. I can honestly say it's the best feeling fork I've used. Great small bump sensitivity, good mid stroke support and really really plush. I've raced my first 2 enduro races with it and it just keeps on giving. My past forks were a Lyrik Coil and a TALAS 36.

usually cranky
    i have a 2012 55. fantastic fork, super plush but ime the rebound needs to be slowed way down or it will bounce you right off the trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    How did you accomplish slowing down your rebound to a desireable level? On my 55CR, at my ideal air pressure it rebounds too fast with it dialed all the way to slow. I was thinking of running 10wt oil?

mtbr member
    I have the 2011 and weigh 160lbs, have it set to the softest settings and about 4-5 clicks from full slow on the rebound (if I recall). Simply the best fork I've ridden, period. Everyone I ride with will hop on it for a loop around the block and their eyes pop with suprise after they ride it. I ride it hard doing downhill too and it's still wonderful. Never had any issues.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by LaXCarp View Post
    How did you accomplish slowing down your rebound to a desireable level? On my 55CR, at my ideal air pressure it rebounds too fast with it dialed all the way to slow. I was thinking of running 10wt oil?
    i managed to get it tuned with just the knob. i was really surprised, i stopped and cranked it way down, then had to stop a few more times to turn it down even more. it still may be a bit fast, have to give it another ride and see. if the knob alone cant do the trick maybe heavier oil will help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    66 rc3 evo ti. 180 and the stock spring and oil felt light to me. Went to a moto brand 10 wt and that helped a lot. It's been a solid fork since I bought it over 1 yr ago
    Just another redneck with a bike

usually cranky
    yeah, stock springs are pretty light, even at 150 the stock spring in my 55 felt soft.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    Any one with info on the 2013 fork. I am seriously considering it for my 2013 sworks enduro. Mainly for the bike parks but wounded how it would do for every day riding too. They seemed to have came a long way from the past couple of years and it has gotten a good review from bike Radar last year and it made the DIRT 100 this year. Please advise with you comments
    I have the 2012 ti evo. Put it this way - it is heavy but is soo good that I am looking at every other component on my bike to save weight so I can keep the fork. I race gravity enduro and last season the first race I did on the fork was the first race I won. On the weekend I was doing downhill runs and at the bottom of every run couldn't stop talking about the fork and how it blew my mind. I run a ccdb air just likeithe s-works and the two compliment one another beautifully. For trail riding its a lot of fork - no two ways about it. If you ride gnarly rocky trails then its awesome but if your trails and tight and groomed - you'll be aware that you have a big fork up front.
    Another reason i'm finding it impossible to let this fork go is that its bombproof reliable. If I was to go on a riding holiday and needed to know that my fork would be 100% reliable - this would be the fork. So therr u go - if you're a weight weenie walk away. If yiu want arguably the best performance fork / reliable fork on the market - dont think twice.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Great small bump sensitivity, good mid stroke support and really really plush. I've raced my first 2 enduro races with it and it just keeps on giving.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    what year is yours EVETDMA

mtbr member
    I have never read any significant bad comments online about the 2010 and later marz coil forks

well, in my reading, some people had negative comments to say about notchyness caused by having to use the air assist. At ~200lb rider wt, I know this feeling; however, I think it is only felt in the parking lot not on the trail. Therefore, I do not consider it a real complaint. If the fork has sat un-ridden for a while, you can feel a bit of stiction before it breaks free then it feels its usual buttery self. It is strange because for how plush the fork is on the trail it can feel REALLY sticky compressing the fork while standing in the garage. After starting riding and getting the oil moving, i do not notice this and dont see it as a real drawback. Some people removed the foam ring in between the seals to help this. I did it on my 55 and not on my 66, and i really dont see it as mattering much either way.

I have an '11 55rc3 ti and a '12 66 rc3 ti evo, so i dont have the year and model you are asking about, but everything I see indicates Marzocchi is only getting better and better these days. I would have no reservation recommending a '13 marz coil fork at all

They may not be the best fork for a REALLY heavy rider since they dont have as much adjustment as an air fork, but they have quite a big range. You do need a lot of rebound damping as you start to use the air assist, but I'm still pretty far away from the end of range at my weight/setup (at my air levels, each click of rebound makes a big change)

These forks have completely lived up to the crazy hype I read on this site before I bought them. As others said, its all about the plush initial stroke and amazing midstroke support where these pull way ahead of the competition. I'm literally charging lines that previously scared me away as well as cleaning some extended rough trails that had me fatigued and stopping for breaks on my float...so happy I made the jump to these 'zocchis

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hi fellas, great feedback here. Is this forks really hard for trail riding? Comparing to the Floats 36 RC, is only few grams difference.

I have no doubt of the the DH capabilities but the UH side of things is what is stopping me!!!

Like the OP, I ride an Enduro Sworks 2013 and the 34's are just rubbish.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    (got it)
    Last edited by rshalit; 07-19-2013 at 06:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Its a great trail fork but there is no getting away from it being heavy. If your riding is more trail oriented you may want to look at the new Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanabartola View Post
    Hi fellas, great feedback here. Is this forks really hard for trail riding? Comparing to the Floats 36 RC, is only few grams difference.

I have no doubt of the the DH capabilities but the UH side of things is what is stopping me!!!

Like the OP, I ride an Enduro Sworks 2013 and the 34's are just rubbish.

mtbr member
    Don't have the 2013 but I did have the 2012 55 RC3 Ti. Great fork like everyone says. Very plush on smaller rocks and ledges, good midstroke support, and decent bottoming resistance. Lateral and fore/aft stiffness is on par with other 160 forks though maybe not quite as stiff as my new Fox Float 36 with tapered steer tube. Btw, that and the lighter weight are the only things I like better about the Fox.

Regretting selling my '12 Marz for $350 bucks. I had it on my turner 5 spot and didn't think it was a bad trail fork. Overkill for many trails but not noticeably heavy, bobby, or awkward feeling. On the downs and in the gnar it was well worth whatever it gives up on tamer stuff for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yep, that is what I did at the end. Now waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait to ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityfreaky View Post
    Its a great trail fork but there is no getting away from it being heavy. If your riding is more trail oriented you may want to look at the new Pike.

mtbr member

2013 Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO V2 TI

Edited !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO V2 TI-imageuploadedbytapatalk1373321085.482819.jpg  

Last edited by Hangtime; 07-22-2013 at 02:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

nice fork

2013 55 RC3 EVO v.2 Ti fork - very nice! Just replaced 2012 Float 160/36 RLC, much nicer. Only 0.4 lb heavier.
    Last edited by rshalit; 07-19-2013 at 06:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm in the market for Marzocchi 55 CR Switch TA 2011 R2C, and got a good offer for a black one with black stanchion...with 1 1/8 steerer.
    Anyone got this performance?
    Will I had any issue if put this to my tappered frame within an adapter?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    i managed to get it tuned with just the knob.
    I'm pretty sure that some of these comments should go in a different thread, as I believe the 55CR is an air-sprung fork? This thread is about the open bath/coil-sprung 55
    Last edited by rshalit; 07-14-2013 at 08:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

ball bearing

didn't know about the tiny ball bearing under the spring preload cap - now I see it on Marzocchi's Blog site, which has a nice diagram of an 888, very similar to 55 RC3:

The Marzocchi Workshop: RC3
    Last edited by rshalit; 07-14-2013 at 08:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am continuing this discussion of the 2013 Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO v.2 Ti (170 x 35)mm open-bath/coil fork in the forum titled "Shocks and Suspension" because peeps are using this thread to talk about completely different fork types, some of which are air-sprung, etc., from the fork named in this thread's title. It is imperative that peeps be very specific about exactly which fork is being discussed, as each has very different performance characteristics, and some of the comments above are about completely different forks, including air-sprung types.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by rshalit View Post
    I'm pretty sure that some of these comments should go in a different thread, as I believe the 55CR is an air-sprung fork? This thread is about the open bath/coil-sprung 55
    that wasnt in regard to a cr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast