mtbr member

2011 rockshox lyrik r solo air

So I just bought a 2011 enduro comp with a lyric mounted on it, there doesn't seen to be much of a rebound adjustment on it, with it adjusted all the way to the turtle, it is still way faster to come up than my sector coil.

Are they all like this? I have only had it out like three times.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

re member
    Does changing it from all the way open to all the way closed make any difference in the rebound?
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Does changing it from all the way open to all the way closed make any difference in the rebound?
    Yea, it does make a little difference, but nothing like my sector.

usually cranky
    oil levels off maybe?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    oil levels off maybe?
    Have your shop check this out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Juicen View Post
    Have your shop check this out
    yea, I am going to go in and feel the other enduro comp to see if it is the same, if it is better, I will have to take it back to them.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

there is room for improvement

I had the same issue with my lyrik solo air r. I took it to the shop where i bought it and they found the knob was stuck. They went over everything and i noticed some decent rebound improvement after their service and inspection.
    I wanted even more rebound than that so I upgraded to the dual flow rebound which forced me to upgrade the dh compression damper as well. There was a defect found with the chassis, so they are replacing the fork with 2012 rc2l dual position air. So brand new top of the line fork with all the upgrades i was after in the first place.
    the damper upgrades were special orders in the $300 range. If something happens to go wrong like my case, SRAM customer service will step up and then some so you got nothing to lose by trying.

mtbr member
    Thank you for that, may be a similar issue, except I do getty all of the clicks out of my rebound setting, I can tell a slight diff between all the way turtle and all the way rabbit. I will take it in, I'm not sure where my sweet spot is for setting it, but id like to have the ability to slow it down.

Thanks again for your reply.

mtbr member
    By the way campionp, did the bike shop handle the interfacing with sram? Did they basically take care of the rebound repair at no cost to you? Other than the upgrade that is.

I don't think I'm going to pump 300 more into it, I just want my adjustment.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Thanks

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    If the compression damper oil has leaked down past the inner seals into the rebound/lower area, that will screw things up. Has happened on mine a couple times over the years.

Easy service - replace the main o-ring seals between the two damper areas and it's good to go.

May not be the issue, but it's a possibility. An easy fix if it is the problem.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    The damper on your fork is horrible (a buddy has one on his Enduro and I've had some time on it). You'd be wise to upgrade to the DH compression and rebound system; HUGE improvement (what I run). Chad at Redbarn can hook you up for under $200. It's worth every penny, trust me.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    The damper on your fork is horrible (a buddy has one on his Enduro and I've had some time on it). You'd be wise to upgrade to the DH compression and rebound system; HUGE improvement (what I run). Chad at Redbarn can hook you up for under $200. It's worth every penny, trust me.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Thanks g man, I will look into that. The bike is only a month old, so I'm hoping they week fix it for free. If I have to dump more money into my brand new enduro comp, I may just upgrade the fork like your suggest. This seems to be a common issue with this fork, I'll take the warranty repair, (if they will do it for me) this time and when it shits the bed again, I'll go with the more gooder innards.

Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    Thanks g man, I will look into that. The bike is only a month old, so I'm hoping they week fix it for free. If I have to dump more money into my brand new enduro comp, I may just upgrade the fork like your suggest. This seems to be a common issue with this fork, I'll take the warranty repair, (if they will do it for me) this time and when it shits the bed again, I'll go with the more gooder innards.

The new damper setup runs a bit over $100, and is super easy to swap in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    The new damper setup runs a bit over $100, and is super easy to swap in.
    Thanks, would I have to pull the lowers off of the uppers to do it? I've never mucked with forks before, and this one is air. So that is also intimidating me.

mtbr member
    Thanks, would I have to pull the lowers off of the uppers to do it? I've never mucked with forks before, and this one is air. So that is also intimidating me.

Yup but SRAM has an excellent vid on Youtube to walk you thru it:

RockShox Mission Control Service - YouTube

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

usually cranky

give a baby an adjustable wrench and some allen keys and he could do it. look at the video, take your time, and you will be fine.

If you're only doing the upper damper, not messing with the lower/rebound damper, then you don't even need to drop the lowers. Pop the old upper damper out, dump out the old oil, re-fill with new (the SRAM service docs can tell you how many mls) and pop in the new. Done.

AFAIK, the new compression damper unit should work with your existing rebound unit in the lowers. If that's the case, it's as simple as doing the above, and you're good to go.

If not, then yeah, gotta' pony up for the new rebound unit as well, then drop the lowers to do the whole thing. Even if you have to do the whole thing, it's not hard.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    You NEED the dual flow rebound to work with the mission control damper. That does mean dropping the lowers, but it isnt any harder than pulling the damper really. Watch the videos, and make sure you use the correct amount of oil. getting the oil level rightis probably the most critical part of working on rock shox forks.

mtbr member
    rock shox is redoing it under warranty. When it shits the bed again, and I have to fork over cash, I'm going to stick the better inards in it.

Thanks for all if the support!

Last edited by innovator8; 02-06-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Juicen View Post
    You NEED the dual flow rebound to work with the mission control damper. That does mean dropping the lowers, but it isnt any harder than pulling the damper really. Watch the videos, and make sure you use the correct amount of oil. getting the oil level rightis probably the most critical part of working on rock shox forks.
    Ah, okay. Good to know. Wasn't sure if he'd have to swap the rebound as well, or not.