Danger to himself
    Oct 2010

2011 Kona Stinky TL vs. 2011 Spec. Enduro Comp

How do these guys compare to each other? I currently ride a 2006 Stumpjumper FSR Comp w/ 2.4" Fat Alberts and I'm looking to get something in the 160mm travel area.

The Stinky TL is looking rather attractive at $2050 vs around $2800 for the Enduro.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have done with the Enduro ( In my case I own the 2010 model) so many things, I do- Freeride (up to 6 foot droops) , DH, and of course AM. I couldn't tell what is better because I havn't tried the Kona.
    You die just once, so, it's better be good.

THAT guy
    My Enduro (2010 comp) has taken EVERYTHING ive thrown at it. Love it!

usually cranky
    i think in general you will find being saying their enduro does everything whereas the stink is really more of a pedalable fr bike.

Ride and Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviepoo
    How do these guys compare to each other? I currently ride a 2006 Stumpjumper FSR Comp w/ 2.4" Fat Alberts and I'm looking to get something in the 160mm travel area.

The Stinky TL is looking rather attractive at $2050 vs around $2800 for the Enduro.
    Check the weights. Kona looks like it is spec'ed heavy. Would make it less versatile. Geo is similar except chainstay length (spec is shorter) and seat tube angle (spec is steeper). So geo wise - the enduro looks better to me on paper.

I love my 2011 enduro. Never ridden a more dh like trail bike! But I am replacing the stock shock to get a pushed monarch with a bumper in it to accommodate bottom outs. For some reason specialized left a bumper out of the rp23 and the bottom outs are harsh.

Danger to himself
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the input. I'll probably stick with the Enduro and just wait a bit longer.

It really seems like the 2010/2011 Enduro's have never gotten any bad reviews

Danger to himself
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    But I am replacing the stock shock to get a pushed monarch with a bumper in it to accommodate bottom outs. For some reason specialized left a bumper out of the rp23 and the bottom outs are harsh.

How much did the PUSH mod cost? How fast was the turn-around?

Ride and Smile
    They sell them new for 325 and the time depends on wether they have them in stock. You can send the rp and get it done for 200. Turn around depends on time of year

I do what I want
    kona>specialized = ftw
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

mtbr member
    Between the 2, I would go with the Specialized Enduro Comp, seems a lot more AM than the Stinky.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Spec is more AM, Kona is more Freeride. I have the Kona and I use it everywhere including Bike Parks.

mtbr member
    ive ridden both and the kona is cheaper but heavier. the enduro feels good but its still heavy. i was riding the 2007 models though

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I love my 2010 Enduro but have never owned a kona..
    I got my 2010 clearanced last year for 1900 OTD locally.

The only thing I wish it had for crazy uphills is travel lockout...