Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2010 Yeti 575 or 2010 GT Force Carbon Expert

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  castnblastut 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry in advance for the same old question.
At least i have it narrowed down!

Price is the within $100.00 on both bikes.
Yeti has the Competitive Cyclist Enduro build.

GT is the factory build with XT components.

GT has TALAS fork and Yeti has a float.
both have RP23 rear.

Both would work fine for what i want but would like some opinions on what you would do and why.

#4 ·
yeti no doubt. also, the 2011 575 has quite a few things to make it better (tapered HT, iscg tabs, beefier aluminum rear triangle, 142x12 rear axle, internal cable routing) so I would consider that as well. But if the price difference is alot i would go with the 2010.

#9 ·
I am not familiar with Yeti's warranty policy on used frames, but most companies don't really have one for used frames. Unless you are getting a killer deal on it, I would go for the new bike that comes with the warranty.

A friend used to have an idrive and he thought the suspension worked well.

#11 ·
westeast said:
I am not familiar with Yeti's warranty policy on used frames, but most companies don't really have one for used frames. Unless you are getting a killer deal on it, I would go for the new bike that comes with the warranty.

A friend used to have an idrive and he thought the suspension worked well.
Yeah, I can't think of any company that warranties bikes as a policy if you aren't the original owner. I do know that Yeti has a great customer service and the best crash replacement program I know of. There are lots of stories on the Yeti forum that go "I bought the frame used and did....to it and Yeti took care of me anyway."

There is something to be said for being able to pick up the phone and talk to a live person in Colorado, not just a customer service person but some one with a title.

I also agree that GT is no department store brand anymore, just not a Yeti level ride IMO.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.