mtbr member
    Feb 2007

2010 Revelation lock out question

Is there a way to eliminate the bar mounted lock out lever? I hate extra doodad on my bars and I never use it anyway. I searched and couldn't find an answer. Thanks

GAME ON!
    just take the cable out and remove the lever.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    That's what I originally thought but want to make sure it's not a hydraulic line. Up at the lever there is a positive and negative gate adjustment.

GAME ON!
    post a pic if you can.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

I think TS is referring to this?

Sorry to hijack tread.. may I ask what the the + - knob about? Is it the floodgate control knob?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    That is it. Honsetly I don't know what it does either. I do know it lockes the fork but I move the dial and feel nothing.

GAME ON!
    that's hydraulic. it doesn't lock out the fork, it controls the floodgate. the floodgate controls the point at which the fork engages into its travel. it's essentially compression. it can control brake dive and whatnot. it firms up the suspension until you hit something hard enough to engage fork travel depending on where you set the floodgate.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's hydraulic. it doesn't lock out the fork, it controls the floodgate. the floodgate controls the point at which the fork engages into its travel. it's essentially compression. it can control brake dive and whatnot. it firms up the suspension until you hit something hard enough to engage fork travel depending on where you set the floodgate.
    Does it work only when the lever is engaged or does that floodgate adjustment work even when the fork is in full travel mode? Thanks. Oh and the manual that came with the fork is probably the worst manual ever written

Spice
    Dec 2008
    On models with the lockout, floodgate adjusts how much pressure the fork needs to temporarily turn off the lockout. Eg if you have it locked out, then hit a big bump then the lockout will temporarily disengage.
    Satunine is describing the floodgate you get on non remote lockout forks.

Unless the hydraulic x-loc's floodgate works differently to a cable poploc?