mtbr member
    Oct 2009

2010 Pitch Pro,2010 Enduro SL Comp ,2011 Enduro Comp Opinions on sizing also please

Okay so I have a few options to go for.My LBS guy has given me some pretty good options at good prices.First is a 2010 Pitch Pro for $1300,Second is a 2010 Enduro SL Comp for $1800,Third is a 2011 Enduro Comp for $2000.All 3 bikes are brand new and stock from specialized.As far as sizing goes I am 6'2" and 300lbs what would the better bike be for my size and frame strength.As far as riding goes there will be nothing major at first but possible later on. Any help would be awesome.Thanks Ron
    Last edited by jordan2345asx; 01-29-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: forgot part of post

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm gonna say the 2010 enduro and use the $200 saved over the 2011 to upgrade the damper in the Lyrik.

For your height I am guessing a large. I suggest you try it first.

THAT guy
    Quote Originally Posted by DWDW
    I'm gonna say the 2010 enduro and use the $200 saved over the 2011 to upgrade the damper in the Lyrik.

For your height I am guessing a large. I suggest you try it first.
    Agreed

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm 6'2 185lbs and most large bikes are a little too small for me with the exception of Trek. I have to use a longer stem (120mm to 130mm)and a 1" set back seat post for a good fit.

One of my riding buddies has a large 2006 Enduro Comp with the same top tube dimension as the 2011 model. He's 5'10" and he looks a little too stretched out on it - but he doesn't complain. I've ridden it and all I would need is a longer stem for a perfect fit. Since you're getting the bike from a shop just try a large and extra large on for size. It doesn't have to be an enduro as long as it has the same size top tube/seatpost and stem. The LBS guy will know in a heartbeat if it's too big or too small.

So if your torso is longer than mine, you would need a XL for sure. My inseam is 34" so if yours is less then you would need the XL.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I believe my inseam is a 31". So you are thinking a XL then.I should probably know this but what is the Damper in the fork that I should upgrade.And so the concensus is skip the pitch pro and go with the enduro

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    the only problem is that they only have the 2010 enduro in XL and the 2010 Pitch pro in Large and both on the 2011 enduro.So not quite sure what to do.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Have your LBS fit you. They can swap stems, seatposts, add or subtract spacers, etc. Don't let them sell you what they want to move.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I would definitely say get the one that fits you. The Pitch is a great bike, especially with some upgrades, which you would have the money for. I have a Pitch and love it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    For sure on the one that fits better.The bikes that I am trying to choose from were all on the floor and I rode them all and then asked about the pricing.So they are definetly not just trying clear their old merchandise in this case.DWDW what year and size pitch did you go with and what size are you

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Now the LBS gave me an upgrade option for the pitch as well.He said he would switch out the Pike 351 coil 140mm shock for an Marz 55 ata air fork 2009 version with 160mm for an additional $100.Worth the upgrade or no if I choose the pitch pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have a 2008 Medium Pitch. I am just under 5'11" I am using a 50 mm stem.

I am using a Lyrik fork. I think the bike suits a 160 mm fork so I would say the 55 is a good upgrade, although I have little experience with the fork.

You should check out the Pitch Photo thread in the Specialized forum to see what others have done for upgrades. Lots of happy owners there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeah thats for sure There is also a pro review of the pitch pro and it got a wonderful rating too.Thats one big benefit with both of the enduros is that they come with the Lyrik R solo air fork.So this is making it a really hard decision

mtbr member
    I have an 11 Enduro in XL. I'm 6'3'' and I think it feels pretty good. I would ride the XL and the L and go from there. If L is your size then just forget about the 2010 all together. You and this bike will have many many hours together and you want to make sure it fits right.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sounds like perfect advise to me.it sounds like everyone pretty much says skip the pitch is that right for the price

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    this might be a stupid question but would there be any difference between the frames as far as my weight goes.Is one gonna be stronger than the other or the same.i thought I had read a review that the pitch is a light beefier enduro basically.Is this true

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan2345asx
    this might be a stupid question but would there be any difference between the frames as far as my weight goes.Is one gonna be stronger than the other or the same.i thought I had read a review that the pitch is a light beefier enduro basically.Is this true
    Hmm.... Basically, a bike that is bombproof for a light 180 pound aggressive rider can,and often does, crumble at the hands of a big rider. You really need to get this advice on the Clydesdale forum.
    Either bike could be too fragile for you. Even with wheel and fork upgrades.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm a 6'2" 180 lb rider and I ride a 2010 enduro comp (with the mico dh upgrade) and it fits me great; a longer than standard top tube length allows use of a short stem without compromising climbing ability. The frame has held up to a lot underneath me; it probably sees about 70% xc miles and 30% dh shuttles, and hasn't complained yet.

Like said above, I second the rocommendation of getting fitted by the lbs. Also if you have a bike that fits you well hanging around, measure the horizontal top tube length to get an idea of what range you need in your cockpit.

As far as the frame holding up to your weight, you kind of run out of options when looking for a beefier bike that can still pedal uphill; sure, people pedal sx trails, but they weren't exactly made for that. Also consider if you get addicted you may well drop some pounds! I sure did.

My 2 centavos

Nick

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I am planning on losing some pounds so that will definetly be a plus for sure.I will for sure get fitted by the LBS no matter what.Just trying to get a few opinions on these bikes.I also plan on doing alot of XC versus DH at least to start off with anyways.I will post over on the clyde forum and see what they say as well.Thanks all for the input as always.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan2345asx
    Now the LBS gave me an upgrade option for the pitch as well.He said he would switch out the Pike 351 coil 140mm shock for an Marz 55 ata air fork 2009 version with 160mm for an additional $100.Worth the upgrade or no if I choose the pitch pro

Hope this isn't too late. If the 55 really is the ATA stay very far away. The ATA was nothing but trouble and Marz discontinued it for 2010. It was soo bad they gave me and many others brand new forks rather than having to work on it.

BTW I am 6'3 and ride an XL pitch. Great bike. A few little things I don't like about the bike, the headtube is super long so finding used forks is hard and the wheelbase is a pretty long on the XL (makes it great for descending, but it takes more effort for tight trails and switchbacks)