mtbr member

2010 Khyber Super... pre ride pics

I know I have a different thread on this, but I now have the bike and thought I would post a few pics and comments on it.

The bike rode awesome.. couldn't even feel the slight backwards movement of the BB. Even on the downhill runs(few that I did today) The Hammerschmidt cranks are just coolest piece of engineering that I have found in a while for mtb. All in all I think this is leaps and bounds a better riding bike than my Kona Dawg Deluxe. Which is a sweet bike in its own. The only complaint I have at the moment is.... How long does it take for the KS900R seatpost to loosen up. It seems to stick in the down position if left there for to long. Also in the up position I sometimes have to give a little bump to drop the seat.
    Other than that issue.....Love the bike
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...ps00f08dc1.jpg

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    I have had had some issues with my post too.. I have had to loosen the collar and it got better.. but like you said with extended low position, it will stickand I will typically do a seat bounce and it will normally pop back up.. I am kinda waiting for mine to loosen up too.. the joplin that I rode a year ago didnt stick like this so I hope the KS post loosens up..

24v
    Scratch That Itch
    Apr 2009
    Nice bike, where did you get those Forte pedals? I know they are Performance's brand, but I cannot find them on the website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24v
    Nice bike, where did you get those Forte pedals? I know they are Performance's brand, but I cannot find them on the website.
    thanks
    the pedals i got direct from performance in chicago
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...ps00f08dc1.jpg

24v
    Scratch That Itch
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan
    thanks
    the pedals i got direct from performance in chicago
    How much were they?

Bike Geek
    Sweet! Nice to know you're enjoying it. Congrats!

Im interested on those Hammerschmidts. I need to do some reading because i dont know much about it, how it works...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24v
    How much were they?
    They were on sale for $50 Good deal I thought.. I think their normal price was$75

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nordstern1
    Sweet! Nice to know you're enjoying it. Congrats!

Im interested on those Hammerschmidts. I need to do some reading because i dont know much about it, how it works...
    They are a cool item to have as long as you are not a weight weenie...lol I would guess they are about a lb heavier than a standard set up. but the benefit outweighs the cons.

24v
    Scratch That Itch
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan
    They were on sale for $50 Good deal I thought.. I think their normal price was$75
    Yeah, that is a good price. They look like a nice pedal. I have never seen them at Performance here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Really really nice bike! As said before, I am really impressed by the value for money factor of Mongoose's bikes. Let us know your impression after a few months of riding. Again, congrats for your knew bike, it was a clever choice!

aaarrrggghh!
    I too have the KS i950 and it is sticky. When I'm out riding it seems to be pretty easy to move up and down but when it sits in garage for a couple of days it gets sticky. Hopefully mine will break in and function stiction free as the season wears on.

the test dummy
    what no ride or after ride pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Went by myself so no during ride pics......
    Still snow in the trails... bike white and snow is white.....didn't get dirty yet....lol

Plan on going out again tomorrow... since we had a little thaw here I might have some dirty pics

the test dummy
    i am satisfied enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben