mtbr member
    Aug 2010

2009 Felt Compulsion 1

I'm looking at picking this Bike up for 2500.00 on closeout. This will be my first full suspension MTB and will serve duty as my AM and Trail bike. I raced BMX for years as a kid and have recently fell in love with aggresive trail riding... I currently ride a hardtail but would like to get a full suspension all arounder that I won't have to worry about breaking/upgrading for a while.

http://2009.feltracing.com/09-catalo...pulsion-1.aspx

Full Spec's can be found at the above link.

Does anyone have any experience w/ the Felt Compulsion ? I've read some good reviews and the spec's look great for the price. I'll be sitting on it and taking ot for a spin, possibly home tonight.

I'd love any opinions or reviews if possible... The only thing I'm somewhat concerned about is the 140/150 Travel front/rear... I've read you can negate this by setting the sag properly. Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Looks like a good deal to me. If I remember right, it's like the old redemption with less rake and a bit less travel.....So it should kick ass.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well I picked it up last night... and so far I love it. Build quality seems really good and I can't wait to get it out on the trails. Set the sag last night andwent for a quick pavement ride... seems to pedal very efficiently for a 150mm travel rear.