mtbr member
    Aug 2011

2009 Cannondale Rize

Im looking to upgrade to full suspension for all-mountain type stuff, has anyone rode a Rize?. I can get one for pretty good price under a 1000, I'll mostly be riding places like lynn woods and some downhill at Burke in VT..

I'm with stupid
    Depends on which model you are looking at. I have a 2009 Rize 3 that i took the lefty off of to make it a better bike for me.
    The Rize is a great bike, can be built up with light parts and used for a marathon/ endurance events or rides, or you can put beefier parts on it to make is a super d bike or just a a all around trail bike used for everything. The rize or rz 140 (same bike) also won the mega avalanche race before so its plenty strong to handle rides like that. All in all if you can get a good deal on one you can pretty much build it to whatever style of riding you like the best minus freeride or full on DH.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Awesome thats what I was thinking about doing, like I said before its a 09 rize 4 but im not to concerned about that because like you said il probably end up build around it, and it already comes with some after market. But what should my price range be?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Mates got a white I'd guess 09 Rize with Fox Floats on the front if that helps, very good looking simple frame which rides well and weighs very little for what it cost.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    recommended. i have that exact model, Rize 4 in blue. climbs great, can be built up very light, can't go wrong.

i paid $1600 for mine, new, in Sept 2010 ('09 model). If the one you want is used, I wouldn't pay more than 1k unless many components are upgraded. the stock components are just ok on the 4.

usually cranky
    around 1.2k for a nos rize. if used knock down that figure a bit.

My spelling is atroshus
    I own an 09 rize 4. So far it's been a good bike, and I have beat the living hell out of it. The only issues I've ever had with it were the wheels (wtb) were weak and I mangled them in the first season. (swapped them out for stan's ztr's) Also, the pivots on the stays came loose once, but the local bike shop retightened them with loctite. Ergo, no more issues with it.

Big Boy
    I had an 09 rize 1. i loved it, but i wanted a bit more travel. I loved the lefty, but very proprietary.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thanks for info.