Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

10sp Shimano XT Deore Drive train on a 2010 Yukon FX Rear Derailleur hits 36T gear.

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tbrewer875 
#1 ·
Upgraded my 2010 Giant Yukon FX with 10sp Shimano XT Deore drive train (11-36T Cassette, CN-HG94 Chain, FC-M780 42-32-24 crank set, M781 SGS Long cage derailleur). Everything plays together well and I'm happy with the set up for a second bike (know it's heavy but i'm a big guy). My problem is when in the low (36T) gear, the rear derailleur guide pulley hits the gear. The tightening the "B Nut" fixes this but then I get chain jump. I'm using a wheels mfg #21 DR hanger. I thinking if i could get .125 to .25 inches longer DR hanger Id be fine. Any Thoughts??

#2 ·
You need to tighten the screw that pushes on the hanger. I don't know if it's called the "B Nut" or not, but that bolt pulls the pulley away from the cassette. If your chain jumps after that, it's probably a cable tension issue. Possibly a low limit screw adjustment. Make sure the pulley is directly in line with the cog on the cassette.

#3 ·
Thanks, I'll work on it but its frustrating to have this new drive train not working. i did look at it with the b Nut tightened enough for pulley clearance and it only changes about 1 & 1/2 gear teeth on the cassette which shouldn't make the chain jump, so your right, maybe my problem is elsewhere. thanks for the help

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.