mtbr member
    Oct 2009

09' Roscoe or 09' Wolf Ridge 6.7?

I'm looking for a bike that can pretty much go where ever I feel like taking it, trails, downhill, up hill, stairs/loading docks, that sort of stuff. I can't decide between the Roscoe and the Wolf Ridge. I love the design of the Wolf Ridge, but looks have to come second, anyone know how it handles big hits? The Roscoe? How about the ruff stuff? How do the shocks compare? frame stiffness?

Any opinions are appreciated!

Oh, also, I'm around 6 foot tall, will I fit a medium, or should I go for a large?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I would vote for the Wolfridge. I purchased an 09 wolfridge 6.8 this year and I love it.

I use it for XC, AM and light FR and DH. And i only say lioght FR/DH because I am new to that dicipline, up until this year I have been stricly a XC rider and I am slowly building my confidence with FR/DH. And the thing I like best about it is that it climbs beautifully which is a must because I usually and riding up to whatever I intend to go down on. Not much shuttling for me. I know I have been vauge so if you have anymorequestions, shoot them my way.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeah, I like the Wolf Ridge better. I got to test ride both of them, the Roscoe on a street outside the bicycle workshop in Tenafly NJ, and the Wolf Ridge, about two hours ago, in the Campmor parking lot on rt. 17. Both peddled well, though I think the Wolf needed more air in the fork, I didn't notice much bob at all from the shock. The only problem was that Campmor only has medium, and I felt a bit cramped on it, and like the front tire was gonna wash out on me, so I now need to find one in large near by. Where did you buy yours, web site, or lbs? I might go post that over in the Marin forum later, too.

I had a few other questions, but can't think of them right now, I'll post them, or PM you when I do.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have an 07 and although the design is slightly different I would assume the ride if fairly similar. As was mentioned, this thing will pedal uphill all day and let you scream down anything. The quad link is superb at sucking up all the bumps, small or big and still being efficient. I have taken this thing off 4 ft to flat and it didn't phase it one bit. I would agree about looking for a large if the medium felt cramped, but it you plan to use it as a freeride bike as well, the smaller size may be a benefit. I got mine online from adrenaline bikes for half price. Check around and see what the net comes up with.

low speed, high drag
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTsane(the original)
    Yeah, I like the Wolf Ridge better. I got to test ride both of them, the Roscoe on a street outside the bicycle workshop in Tenafly NJ, and the Wolf Ridge, about two hours ago, in the Campmor parking lot on rt. 17. Both peddled well, though I think the Wolf needed more air in the fork, I didn't notice much bob at all from the shock. The only problem was that Campmor only has medium, and I felt a bit cramped on it, and like the front tire was gonna wash out on me, so I now need to find one in large near by. Where did you buy yours, web site, or lbs? I might go post that over in the Marin forum later, too.

I had a few other questions, but can't think of them right now, I'll post them, or PM you when I do.

Thanks!
    Adrenaline has them.
    http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store...tegoryName=5.5

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What didn't you like about the Roscoe in comparison?

I've been sort of drooling over them.
    I ended up with a Kona Dawg which works great but I still drool occasionally over the Fishers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I am 6'1" 200lbs and I went with the Medium frame. I dont find it cramped at all and for the FR/DH it makes it for better handling. I still find it nice and comfortable when riding XC as well.

I bought mine at my LBS, Mountain Bike City in Calgary.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It's not that I disliked the Roscoe(I rode the 3), it had great components, peddeled well, looks great, but it just wasn't awesome enough to spend the extra cash on(they were gonna give me a Roscoe 2 for $2,700, so it was a good deal, but still a bit up there). The Roscoe also seems to be a bit more biased towards XC, than FR/DH, but I'm no expert, that's just the impression it gave me.

Yeah, on the Medium I felt as though I was gonna go over the bars, and I wasn't getting full extension when peddeling.

Can't wait to get my Wolf Ridge!