mtbr member
    Jun 2014

09' Enduro pro Carbon or 12' stumpjumper fsr comp

wonderin why you would you choose what. theyre both priced at 1900..... they both have 'extras' such as chris king hubs and an X-fusion Vengeance fork on the enduro with the specialized hydraulic seatpost.
    Specialized Bicycle Components

stumpy is mostly stock with a RS reverb seatpost and a bunch of non-component extra stuff thats not worth mentioning but worth around $150
    Specialized Bicycle Components

so anyways, all that aside, I've been looking into the Enduros because i like the extra downhill performance. If i could, id ride mostly DH but in all reality i do a lot of climbing to get where i need to go. I am also not the gnarliest downhill rider.... so i know i would love both bikes.
    so basically it comes down to an older and more used carbon enduro, vs a pretty damn near mint 2012 fsr comp.

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    I have the '12 Stumpy FSR Comp but it's built with '12 Elite parts and an upgraded 2014 Fox 32mm Kashima CTD w/trail adjust fork and upgraded springs. I love the frame and geometry of the bike. I live where it's lots and lots of UP to get to the DOWN. An average 12-15 mile ride would generate 2-3000' of climb with the same downhill fun. I'd roll with the newer Stumpy. After seeing friends and some folk here deal with the issues that ultimately arise with carbon frames after time and use, unless I could afford a new carbon bike with warranty coverage, I wouldn't own one. Just my .02.

Also, does that Enduro have a 1.5" taper head tube. My buddies '09 Enduro aluminum does not and his bike has quickly become not worth putting many upgrades in to it. It also has the uber proprietary Specialized shock on it, not a Fox CTD like the Stumpy has.

rebmem rbtm
    Ride both and see what you like best. 09`Enduro is pretty much simmilar although it has a slacker HA at 67 vs. 68, which might be even slacker due to the fact that it has a Vengeance Fork (BTW, that's a plus on the Enduro).

Both are awesome rides, the SJ FSR is a damn sexy ride. Id hit it and slap a bigger fork on it (Lyrik, 55, Vengeance, Fox36).

Let us know which one you choose and, of course, the thread is absolutely worthless without pics.