Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Last edited by crisillo; 06-15-2007 at 05:07 AM.

Interlectchewal
    Thanks for posting that.

That looks pretty cool. The X is not as obnoxious as on the current model.

As an aside, because I know you're such an On-One fan, Crisillo: I'm in the process of gathering parts to build up my first geared bike in a long time [456]. I'm leaning towards X.9, but it's good to see what the other options are. I'm purposely holding off on the fork and derailleurs/shifters until I have everything else ready to go, since those are the things that will go on sale when the new models come out. I have a feeling that I'll be tempted by the latest, though.

mtbr member
    Yes looks better than the current model. X.0 mid cage still a better looking RD IMO.

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrenarzt
    Yes looks better than the current model. X.0 mid cage still a better looking RD IMO.
    Looks-wise, the current X.0 never did a whole lot for me, but damn, next year's is looking pretty hot:

I'm sure the X.0 and the new XTR Shadow will cost almost as much as my frame. They'll be nice to drool over on others' bikes, though.

K Lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrenarzt

no doubt X.O is a better looking part. i'm a shimano fan, but hell that thing is fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    Thanks for posting that.

That looks pretty cool. The X is not as obnoxious as on the current model.

As an aside, because I know you're such an On-One fan, Crisillo: I'm in the process of gathering parts to build up my first geared bike in a long time [456]. I'm leaning towards X.9, but it's good to see what the other options are. I'm purposely holding off on the fork and derailleurs/shifters until I have everything else ready to go, since those are the things that will go on sale when the new models come out. I have a feeling that I'll be tempted by the latest, though.
    nice... a "that green" 456 from what I can see on the pics...very nice yeah one of these RDs would fit the 456's purpose really well ... I have a RVL on my 'bred and fits awesome... though I think a bigger fork on the 456 would be awesome too (PIke, Z1, etc)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I like the look of the xtr shadow mech, no sram for me thanks.

Only thing is, i can't seem to destroy my old xtr mech- it's on its fifth set of jockey wheels at the moment. There's always Ebay i s'pose.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Wow that looks nice Sorry but I missed the benifits of these new derailleurs? Besides that it does not stick out as far.

I have a 2002 med cage and it survived a bike crash and stripped out the threads on the frame ... poor frame....

Life is Good
    I think it looks very nifty. Too bad there is no low-normal version, however

I wonder how much it'll cost?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLX
    Wow that looks nice Sorry but I missed the benifits of these new derailleurs? Besides that it does not stick out as far.

I have a 2002 med cage and it survived a bike crash and stripped out the threads on the frame ... poor frame....
    Low profile, and light.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Derailleur slap

Quote Originally Posted by SLX

I like the more direct cable routing. I've never been a fan of that big, twig and vine catching loop. As someone who has owned two horst link bikes though, the more important improvement to me is "there is now no chance for the derailleur to swing up and whack the chainstay as in other versions." This chainstay smacking has beat my chainstays mercilessly on drops and in rock gardens. I eventually switched one bike to SRAM and the other has a piece of rubber from an old grip zip tied around the offending part of the derailleur to deaden the clank down to an acceptable thud.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97
    I think it looks very nifty. Too bad there is no low-normal version, however

I wonder how much it'll cost?

Huh, rapid-rise sucks.
    "Do not touch the trim"

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    Looks-wise, the current X.0 never did a whole lot for me, but damn, next year's is looking pretty hot:

I'm sure the X.0 and the new XTR Shadow will cost almost as much as my frame. They'll be nice to drool over on others' bikes, though.
    I think I read somewhere that that X.0 will be a special anniversary model in addition to the standard model.

the goose is loose!
    i wonder how durable that's gonna be. seems like they are taking cues from sram, like the carbon fiber cage and more direct cable routing. i'm happy with my X.9, it's so perrrrfect.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by rm_racer
    i wonder how durable that's gonna be. seems like they are taking cues from sram, like the carbon fiber cage and more direct cable routing. i'm happy with my X.9, it's so perrrrfect.
    The cable directing system Sram uses is not their own original design exactly. Sachs used this system before them.

Life is Good
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Huh, rapid-rise sucks.
    Well, I suck too then, because I like it.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    The cable directing system Sram uses is not their own original design exactly. Sachs used this system before them.
    well.. sachs was bought by sram (that's were the derailleurs came from), so it is theirs by acquisition.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Low profile is a great idea but man that connection point looks weak, guess we will see. I recently switched to saint and it has already paid for itself with direct hits that would of killed a couple of hangers and probably a Sram der, wish Sram would come out with something similiar cause the Saint shifting doesn't compare to the Sram/gripshift setup I had before and on my other MB.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    well.. sachs was bought by sram (that's were the derailleurs came from), so it is theirs by acquisition.
    Yea its theirs by acquisition, but they didn't come up with the idea originally was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    Yea its theirs by acquisition, but they didn't come up with the idea originally was the point.
    ok.. agreed

the goose is loose!
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Low profile is a great idea but man that connection point looks weak, guess we will see. I recently switched to saint and it has already paid for itself with direct hits that would of killed a couple of hangers and probably a Sram der, wish Sram would come out with something similiar cause the Saint shifting doesn't compare to the Sram/gripshift setup I had before and on my other MB.
    i agree. my friends and i have broken probably 10 derailleurs in the last 8 months. and 3 broke their derailleur hangers. i love the way the saint hooks up, but i like my sram shifting (plus i don't exactly have the cash to get a saint setup). that shadow technology looks like a winner, if the mount isn't flimsy.