Thread: '08 Remedy 9

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

'08 Remedy 9

I have a ALL stock '08 Remedy 9. Help me ALL MOUNTAIN it out the rest of the way. I ride Bootleg Canyon XC to DH. I weight 210lb and am 6'3. Thanks

Hmmmmm
    Kenda Nevegal DTC tires or Maxxis Advantage 2.4 front with a Advantage 2.25 rear.
    I put a Highroller on the back of my bike and hate it at Bootleg. It feels worn out and doesn't roll as good as the Advantages.
    For that matter, a Minion DHF, single ply 60d, works good with a 2.4 on the front.
    They're old school, but Rhyno Lite rims are a good mix of tough and only 580 grams. A lot of the other wheelsets, like the Azonic Outlaws and Halos, have the weight out at the rim, where it really affects the pedaling performance.

If you can afford it, something like the Easton Havoc wheels, will help get rid of the rotating weight.

On any 6" AM bike, getting rid of the rotating weight is the first and best thing a person can do.
    That doesn't mean using XC parts though. That will only cause you grief. I used to be 215 lbs, I'm now 190 lbs and ride at Bootleg, so I have a good idea of what you need.
    The next best thing, is upgrading to a Fox fork. (if the bike doesn't already have one.) I'm not sure what a Remedy 9 has on it for components. Fox has less stiction in our desert conditions and if you can afford a lightweight fork like a Float or Talas, it will help when lifting the front end over obstacles. I'm even sold on the Vanilla 32s at this point.

Later, Eric.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...