Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

07 Epic Expert or 09 Felt Redemption

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  FeltDH 
#1 ·
If you had a chance to buy one of these two bikes.......

Bike 1 - 2007 Epic Expert

Bike 2 - 2009 Felt Redemtion

Ride style... All mountain, no downhill, occasional 2-4' drops, XC trails, etc.

Just looking for an all around bike.

Price for each bike is $1000.00

So..... What would you choose???

See less See more
#3 ·
Redemption, it's a better all around "do anything" bike. And pedals great thanks to the equilink suspension. I have an 08 Redemption Team and couldn't be happier with it. It works great here in S. Florida for XC / Trail and just as good for when I want to go up NC and tear it up in the mountains.

#7 ·
Ask the question here in the all mountain forum and everyone will tell you to go with the Redemption. Go over to the XC forum and they'll tell you to get the Epic. What do you want? If it's an XC bike get the Epic. I'd get the Redemption, but I'm here in the All mountain forum.

#8 ·
Well I purchased the Epic however I wanted to see what other opinions were. I like the Epic but was worried about it doing all I wanted it to do. The Redemption is still availiable and if I could sell the Epic and get my money back I would consider the Redemption. The Redemption has about 165mm of travel vs. the Epics 100mm. If I take this Epic off a 4 ft drop is it going to handle it? The Epic comes in at around 10lbs lighter than the Redemption too. Just don't know if I made the right move.

#9 ·
riverrunner07 said:
Well I purchased the Epic however I wanted to see what other opinions were. I like the Epic but was worried about it doing all I wanted it to do. The Redemption is still availiable and if I could sell the Epic and get my money back I would consider the Redemption. The Redemption has about 165mm of travel vs. the Epics 100mm. If I take this Epic off a 4 ft drop is it going to handle it? The Epic comes in at around 10lbs lighter than the Redemption too. Just don't know if I made the right move.
Good thing you asked for advice 1st :bluefrown:

Epic 10lbs lighter? There is no way that epic weighs 23lbs dude......:nono:

And for a "do anything bike....you didn't make the right decision with the bikes you had to choose from......

#10 ·
riverrunner07 said:
4' drop on an Epic? :nono: Why would you want to do that. The bike is not one class difference it's 2 classes. Epic is an XC race bike if you are a sponsored racer go ahead do that 4'drop and get a new bike. Well since you got the bike already, congrats just keep it on the XC type courses your bike would last a long time.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.