mtbr member
    Aug 2007

05 KONA Coiler Deelux

hey all,
    i am the proud owner of a 05 dee lux frame that i am using to entertain myself throughout the winter months via a build...i do need some suggestions on fork options...sure i have read several thread on the AM forum but i have an issue...i am 6'5" and 240lbs...which fork would be my best choice...

i think that i have determined that the marz 55 ata is an viable ave b/c of price and functions...

price is somewhat of a variable but if the ultimate fork is reasonable so be it...my two criteria (considering my weight) are price and functionality...
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Also RS Lyrik or Talas 36. Both have travel adjust and whatnot like the Marz ata. With a coil fork chances are with your weight you're going to have to pick up a new spring. Air fork, more pressure.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    I suggest a lyric coil u turn.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i have made the transition to air sometime ago and prefer not to go back to coil...lyrik has been been ponder about...any specific model...?
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

Its got what plants crave
    I suggest you stay away from anything Marzocchi.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I suggest you stay away from anything Marzocchi.
    I have an 08 66rc3 (the worst year to get marzocchi by most peoples account) and it's been a ridiculously solid fork, the rc3 damper blows my mind. Sooo supple, smooth, with the best midstroke of any shock or fork I've ever felt. It never feels harsh, but never dives either. Absolutely rad.

(and this is coming from a guy with a CCDB on the bike)