Thread: 04 Vt, 2.0

Mr.
    mtbr member

04 Vt, 2.0

I decided that while I'm saving my pennies for a Mojo, I'd at least lighten the load a bit on the VT and add some hardware I'd actually want to put on the new steed (hopefully before the summer ends). So, without any fanfare, here's what I updated on the beast:

Custom Wheelset
    - Hope Pro II hubs, in silver
    - DT 5.1 32 spoke rims
    - Supercomp spokes, silver nipples
    - Sram 990 Casette
    ---
    - Truvativ Stylo Team 3.3 GXP Crankset
    - Panaracer Fire XC Pro Tire 2.1 rear
    - Panaracer Rampage Tire 2.35 front
    - Sram PC 971 Chain
    - Formula Oro Bianco Disc Brakes, 180 front, 160 rear

I'm pretty excited for a good first ride, as a few laps around the block presented a completely different bike. I'm looking forward to putting the new Rampage to task, and couldn't love the new Formula brakes more, and that was just after the ease of installation. This was coming from Magura Louise FR's..which if you don't know are a super pain in the arse to set up correctly! And the Formula's already feel stronger than the FR's, and with them I was running a 208/180 combo. (and I don't think I need to mention how pretty the Formula's are.)

All in all, the changes put my rig on a diet, dropping it from 36.5 lbs to 30 lbs square. It also lightened the load on my wallet...

Enjoy.

If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Very nice. Those Rampages look a lot like Kenda Nevegals.

Yeah, the VT is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I still dig mine. It's a solid all-around performer. Single pivot will be around a long, long time.

Mr.
    mtbr member

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Reposado Man
    Very nice. Those Rampages look a lot like Kenda Nevegals.

Yeah, the VT is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I still dig mine. It's a solid all-around performer. Single pivot will be around a long, long time.
    I try to remind myself about all the bikeless kids in Africa from time to time when I start thinking about how bad I have it.

I think we'll see a surge in single pivots in the coming bike year with the new split pivot making it's way to the market...
    If you can grab a fistfull of belly in your hand, does that mean you're fat?