Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    If you like the Trek EX9 then be sure to compare it with the Fezzari Nebo Peak http://www.fezzari.com/full-suspensi...FcPt7QodaxnLQg

I think you get more for your money with the Nebo unless you can find a EX9 in last year's model for a discount at a bike shop. They are both great bikes. Fezzari will custom fit you to the bike based on your measurements. Mine was spot on when I got it. A much better fit than the previous bike that I purchased from a LBS.

Also, consider getting an adjustable seat post with your bike. If you are spending that kind of money then a $300 seat post is a GREAT addition. I use the KS 900 but I think there's another one that might be as good or better out now.

Let us know what you end up getting.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tshulthise
    If you like the Trek EX9 then be sure to compare it with the Fezzari Nebo Peak http://www.fezzari.com/full-suspensi...FcPt7QodaxnLQg

I think you get more for your money with the Nebo unless you can find a EX9 in last year's model for a discount at a bike shop. They are both great bikes. Fezzari will custom fit you to the bike based on your measurements. Mine was spot on when I got it. A much better fit than the previous bike that I purchased from a LBS.

Also, consider getting an adjustable seat post with your bike. If you are spending that kind of money then a $300 seat post is a GREAT addition. I use the KS 900 but I think there's another one that might be as good or better out now.

I second the Fezzari Nebo. I just ordered a 2010 Nebo for myself and a 2010 cascade for my buddy. Customer service was the best I have had with ANY company, bike related or not. To all of the people that only have negative comments to say about Fezzari, just keep hating the fact that you will have to spend nearly twice what I paid for my Nebo to get comparable components from another company.
    Last edited by ocwhiteboyoc; 02-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Man that thing looks sweet I would give that a try I never heard of a Fezzari Nebo how are they?

mtbr member
    I was just looking at the specs on the Fezzari Nebo and its alot of bike for the price. Everything on the bike is good were as some of the others have some cheaper parts on them for example the trek has a deore crank and the Fezzari Nebo has xo. That Fezzari Nebo has the best parts get that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I ordered my bike today so i dont know yet. I havent heard a single thing bad about them from people that actually own them. My buddy is a frame builder/welder for Intense and he has seen and ridden a Fezzari and says they are excellent bikes so I went for it. I was going to buy one regardeless of what he said anyway because I can buy another frame if I didnt like the Nebo, swap components to a new frame, and still come out way cheaper than buying a comparable big brand bike. Trust me, I'll be posting videos on youtube of my bike on trails and posting reviews.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ocwhiteboyoc
    I ordered my bike today so i dont know yet. I havent heard a single thing bad about them from people that actually own them. My buddy is a frame builder/welder for Intense and he has seen and ridden a Fezzari and says they are excellent bikes so I went for it. I was going to buy one regardeless of what he said anyway because I can buy another frame if I didnt like the Nebo, swap components to a new frame, and still come out way cheaper than buying a comparable big brand bike. Trust me, I'll be posting videos on youtube of my bike on trails and posting reviews.
    Yeah I was thinking that good buy

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tshulthise

Wow!!! Thank you for letting me know about fezzari. Do you know if they ship to toronto canada? haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've looked up Fezzari here and some people are saying that they have bad frames and good parts

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The list of good bikes goes on & on.

http://www.giantnerd.com/2009-gt-for...s-country.html

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I hope all these sites can ship to Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum703
    I've looked up Fezzari here and some people are saying that they have bad frames and good parts
    Just find people who have them and ask them what they think. The others are just super pissed that they spent double the price for a big brand bike with comparable components..

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ocwhiteboyoc
    Just find people who have them and ask them what they think. The others are just super pissed that they spent double the price for a big brand bike with comparable components..
    How's the Pedal Feedback and Pedal Bob on the Fezzari?

mtbr member
    How's the Pedal Feedback and Pedal Bob on the Fezzari?
    My friend has one and its a great bike dont know what people are talking about
    The bike has good feedback and not alot of pedal bob I would get one if I were in the market for another bike.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I just saw this review

I have the 2010 Fezzari Nebo Peak and I love it. It was a little tough for me to buy one of their bikes too since they are so new, but they have a 30 day money back gurentee so I figured I had nothing to lose, plus it's about $1400 less than a comparable bike, as far as spec goes, from other companies. As I was looking into the bike a little more and playing around on their website, I noticed things like hydroformed tubing, sealed bearings on the pivots, and lifetime warranty on the frame too. This attention to detail, in my opinion, is on par with any of the big names out there. These things just reassured me I was getting a quality bike. I also like the look of the raw aluminum on the Nebo that they have just clear coated, gives the bike a unique look. This thing climbs like no other bike I have been on before and can descend down anything i've thrown at it. I've beat my Nebo down Porcupine rim in Moab, Gooseberry Mesa, and many other trails over the last 3 months and it just keeps ticking. The company is great to work with too. When you call them you actually get to talk to a person and not an automated machine. I upgraded the wheels on my bike to the Mavic Crossmax ST. Fezzari gave me a great price on the wheels too. They can do all the upgrades you want to a bike in house. They have been great to work with and I highly recommend the Nebo Peak to anyone who is looking for an extremely high quality bike that will last for many years to come.

mtbr member
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    Look at the santa cruz it looks good as well

I <3 bikes
    Yeti 575?

mtbr member
    I hope all these sites can ship to Canada
    Or you could buy from a Canadian company. Some are more expensive than others, but your fellow countrymen make some pretty kick ass bikes.

I'd say check out the Banshee Spitfire or Banshee Rune- both bikes are held in very high esteem and have similar price points compared to Trek, Specialized or Santa Cruz.

You could also check out
    Knolly
    Rocky Mountain
    Norco

mtbr member
    For 3000 dollars you could look for months just start test riding find one and buy it lol.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Late in seeing this thread, but being from Canada, you owe it to yourself to check out the Knolly Endorphin. Might max out the budget depending on the components, but it is a GREAT bike.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    My current AM ride was assembled from individual parts on a ~$2500 budget, with hunting for good deals involved. But it is done the way I like it, and it was fun to make.

If you want to get a complete, could be wise to wait around for closeouts on competitivecyclist, speedgoat, jensonusa and the likes. They periodically have very very nice deals when somebody decides to blow out their inventory.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I think I've set my eyes on this one...
    http://www.fezzari.com/full-suspensi...tain/nebo-peak

mtbr member
    that bike is sweet all the best parts

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeters
    that bike is sweet all the best parts
    That's what I think too. Anybody don't think so?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast