FatBike Fiend

Yentna River Ride Report

Myself and Charlie the dog (a very tired one at the moment) got in off the river this afternoon. We put in at Deshka Landing on monday and rode to Mile 18 on the Yentna past Yentna Station where we stayed at a friend's cabin. It was a very fast trip in, we raced a 20 dog team all the way from the Landing and finally got passed near Luce's. Did some exploring the next day and found a trail into Alexander Lake, then followed it back to where it comes out just below the big bend of the Yentna River. The next day we followed it further to Rabbit Lake then to near Trail Lake where we followed the Su100 trail up to the top of Trail Ridge where we bivvied. Then today we followed that trail out to the Yentna across from Luce's and back out to the landing.

Had some nice weather, it was partly cloudy with temps in the teens and twenties. The trail almost all the way was bomber as long as you stay on the most used trails. The only soft spot was on about 4 miles on the Trail Ridge crossing and that was ridable at lower tire pressures. Only had to push up a couple of the steeper hills. Great trip, here's a few pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wildfire
    FatBikes since 1999.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    WOW!!! thats pretty cool... you were trackin' alone? thats CRAZY!!!
    p.s. do you have your bike locked up to that tree??? LOL!!!
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Great pics Mark! Glad you had a nice adventure with good weather. Very nice of you to pack a tent big enough for Charlie too!
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.

FatBike Fiend

Tent

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Driggs
    Great pics Mark! Glad you had a nice adventure with good weather. Very nice of you to pack a tent big enough for Charlie too!
    Who said anything about us both fitting in there, I had to sleep in the snow
    You up in AK yet? Good luck in the Su100, the trail should be great provided we don't get anymore snow, which it looks like it's about to today. Softest sections of the course are on the first half of the traverse across Trail Ridge and the inbound cut off where the Yentna joins the Big Su. I didn't try riding that stretch but it looked pretty soft when I went by the turn off, hadn't gotten much traffic. The outbound section from the Big Su to past Trail Lake had been groomed for the Hal Bartko Memorial dog race and was super fast, at least the stretch I rode was.

I'll be out on the trail Saturday, look for an orange FatBike.
    Wildfire
    FatBikes since 1999.