mtbr member
    Mar 2004

What's the story with Rover's Run?

Is it ridable now?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Pretty sure we rode it yesterday, no issues.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Yep, very rideable for at least the portion I was on yesterday. There was a small flooded area that wasn't there when I rode last week, maybe that's what you're referring to? But the flooded portion was solid ice and negotiable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It is good as of last night. Keep your eyes open for some ice in the two low points just past (downhill of) the little brown trail marker on the upper portion. When it gets really cold, the creek is freezing up enough to channel water across here. There was flowing water earlier this week when it was about -15 out, but the water is gone again with just some ice left behind as of last night.

mtbr member
    Excellent! If you ride at night keep your eyes peeled for all the head whackers. Lots of small, whippie branches at eye/helmet level. Keep thinking about bringing a pruning shear in my bag but haven't yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadcat View Post
    Excellent! If you ride at night keep your eyes peeled for all the head whackers. Lots of small, whippie branches at eye/helmet level. Keep thinking about bringing a pruning shear in my bag but haven't yet.
    I took care of a bunch of those along the multi-use trail along Abbott and then around and down Rovers/Moose Meadow on Saturday evening (I did the upper section of Rover's and down Moose Meadow, so didn't cover the lower section of Rovers since there wasn't much there that I could recall). Spent a couple hours with the loppers trying to get most of those that would nail you in the face. There are still a good number of smaller ones coming in low from the sides and a few you might need to dip your head a little, but the primary bad ones should be mostly taken care of for now. It could definitely use some more time put in if someone has it.