mtbr member

Vote Early and Vote Often!

Election Day is April 3rd. I am pretty ignorant as to how our assembly canidates feel about trails and bike lanes so hopefully others will join in. Here is a link to the muni sight which has more info on the various bond issues.
    http://www.muni.org/Assembly2/BallotProps.cfm

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Yes on Parks bond..

Quote Originally Posted by FrankM
    Election Day is April 3rd. I am pretty ignorant as to how our assembly canidates feel about trails and bike lanes so hopefully others will join in. Here is a link to the muni sight which has more info on the various bond issues.
    http://www.muni.org/Assembly2/BallotProps.cfm
    I thought I saw an email circulating describing exactly that.. but can't find it right now. But will try to look again.. Anyone else get a similar email?

Yes on Parks Bond.. it gets us matching monies for Trails!

Christopher

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It's amazing that people don't want to pay so little to receive so much back. For just the cost of a trip or two to a restaurant we can improve our parks tremendously.

Mike

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I'm not a property owner or Alaska resident, but if I was I'd vote for that. I'll remind my wife to get out and vote! See my other post from earlier this week and contact your representatives!

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    i'm a bit confused. i saw a couple of posters at the LBS about PROPOSITION 2. it was talking about trails, etc... but the t.v. ad said nothing about trails, it talked about play grounds, soccer fields, baseball fields, etc... did i miss something? i checked this url'
    http://www.muni.org/Assembly2/2007BallotProps.cfm
    they have, PROPOSITION 2, blah, blah, "To improve parks and trails". which ones are they talking about? it's not like anchorage only was one or two parks and trails... are they talking about ALL the Parks and Recreation Service Area's in anhorage only, or?
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Its about matching monies..

Quote Originally Posted by brian_404
    i'm a bit confused. i saw a couple of posters at the LBS about PROPOSITION 2. it was talking about trails, etc... but the t.v. ad said nothing about trails, it talked about play grounds, soccer fields, baseball fields, etc... did i miss something? i checked this url'
    http://www.muni.org/Assembly2/2007BallotProps.cfm
    they have, PROPOSITION 2, blah, blah, "To improve parks and trails". which ones are they talking about? it's not like anchorage only was one or two parks and trails... are they talking about ALL the Parks and Recreation Service Area's in anhorage only, or?
    They are talking about Municipality of Anchorage Parks, not BLM, or Chugach neccesarily.

What the big thing with #2 is putting money into the trails maintained by the Muni, but more so creating a matching fund so if groups come up with a good plan and raise the money (with minimums and maximums) they will match it if it is investing in Anchorage parks as I understand.

So organizations like STA, Alaska Trails, Nordic Ski Association, or the Underwater Basket Weavers of Cambell Creek come up with a good plan that has other user groups support, raise the money to fund most of the project, the muni will be able to help out.

Christopher