What Penguin???

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Volunteers Needed

For the past year, the Far North Bicentennial Park Trails Advisory Committee has been working on a trail signage project. We found money, bought materials and now it's time to sink posts and install signs. On National Public Lands Day the Nordic Ski Association and other volunteers sunk the majority of the sign posts out on the trails but there are a few more needing installation. The hope is that with better signage there will be fewer trail user conflicts and the trail system will be more easily navigated.

So, mountain bikers, please come out and volunteer a few hours of your time! iT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE A STRONG SHOWING OF MT. BIKERS OUT THERE!!!
    Here are the details:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, 10:00 A.M., MILE 1.1 PARKING LOT OF CAMBELL AIRSTRIP ROAD
    Task: Cut out trees across Rover's Run and Moose Ridge Trails. Brushing will be needed in places too.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28, 10:00 A.M. NORTH BIVOUAC TRAILHEAD
    Task: Drill and dig post holes and place sign posts along the Tank Trail and Moose Ridge Trails. We need your muscles!

Please help on one of those Saturdays if you can. Wear gloves, warm clothes, and bring clippers on the first Saturday and shovels on the second Saturday. Bring a post hole digger if you have one, but we're hoping that a majority of the posts can be installed with a powered auger.

Thanks!
    QB
    Meanwhile, back at the hive....

mtbr member

Great!

Excellent! I was up there last night on my new 29-er and saw all the prep work you've been doing.

So what's with the HUGE post set in the ground halfway across Moose Meadow? There's no intersecting trail there???

I hope to see you up there!

What Penguin???

Trail Work Party Update

The Crew Chief For This Project Says That Volunteers Are Most Needed On Saturday, October 28th, 10:00 a.m. At N. Bivouac Trailhead. They Have The Bases Covered For Sat. 10/21.

C'mon Out And Lend A Hand!

Wood chips are stupid

Boots

I will be there.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

What Penguin???

Many Hands Make Light Work

The work party scheduled for Saturday (tomorrow) is still on! Meet at 10:00 a.m. at the North Bivouac Parking Lot. Wear warm clothes, bring a shovel or post hole digger if you have one. We'll be installing sign posts on the north side of Campbell Airstrip Road with the partial aid of a motorized auger, but I'm sure there'll be hand work when we get down below the frost layer.

Maybe instead of post-work beers we'll need some hot chocolate!

QB