mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Visiting Alyeska from TX

I'll be in AK in late July and am planning on sneaking away from the family to get in a day of riding at Alyeska. I'm an intermediate rider who is used to riding in technical central TX chunk. I've been riding for about 3 years and have a couple of bike park days under my belt from visiting Utah last summer.

I'll have to pick up a rental when I get there. Is the resort the only place that rents DH bikes? It would be great if somebody was going to be at the park that day and was willing to show me around so that I don't miss the good stuff. I'd be happy to pay a guide in hoppy suds. *Edit - I'll be there on July 19th.

I know how people get judged by what they ride, so here's my bike next to my wife's 5 spot.

Visiting Alyeska from TX-bikes.jpg
    Last edited by ninjammin; 06-10-2013 at 01:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I don't get many chances a year to ride Aly. nojoke and his crew rides up there often.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I haven't ridden there in the summer, but I plan to. I know they charge around $100/day for the DH bikes (so I decided to save the money towards something I could ride there). I should be riding there around that time. Repost when it gets close and I'm sure someone could help out, if not me.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    PM sent
    "Speed focuses the mind. It cuts through the fog of drab everyday living and keeps us on our toes."

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ok, folks the time for fun is fast approaching. I'll be on the mountain to pick up a bike as soon as the lifts open. Anybody else going to be riding Friday?