mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Tour Trail Overflow

Just a heads up, I plunged through the overflow yesterday evening, near the bridge on the tour trail, maybe a mile from Tudor. Thankfully I had some dry socks...

It's not too deep, ~8", but be prepared, the ice/water on that trail is expanding...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC AK View Post
    Just a heads up, I plunged through the overflow yesterday evening, near the bridge on the tour trail, maybe a mile from Tudor. Thankfully I had some dry socks...

It's not too deep, ~8", but be prepared, the ice/water on that trail is expanding...
    In all the years I've been riding that trail I don't remember overflow there before. I guess we did get a lot of rain this summer.

Edit: I was at the wrong spot, the one at the other bridge. I rode out to the one closer to Tudor today, it's mostly frozen but I bailed and turned around. I could see where someone went on across though.
    Last edited by sryanak; 10-26-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Latitude 61

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Yup, I found this out last week, here are some pictures from that ride. Glad you had extra socks!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    Yup, I found this out last week, here are some pictures from that ride. Glad you had extra socks!!!

man, good thing you had the kick board!
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    that trail has been like that for at least 3 weeks. I haven't seen it since then....nice pics!!

There is hub deep overflow on rovers near the South Biv. TH too..... I've encountered random spots of glaciation on several trails....most notibly on the bog trail.

Jesus is coming Look busy
    May 2009
    JB how do you like your Husker du's? Do they float better?.... If any of you are riding up high. More over flow to be had. Went down a couple of times descending sections of the powerline in between Glen Alps and Prospect.....
    I'm deteriorating faster than I can lower my standards