mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Stolen one-of-a-kind mountain bike - please help

Please pardon me in advance if this is not the right forum to post this sort of information. Two different people referred me to it, so I assume it's okay.

I had a one-of-a-kind full-suspension mountain bike stolen from my home in Anchorage on November 6th. The bike itself wasn't that unusual - a Giant NRS-1 - but it had been beautifully hand-painted by a dear friend to resemble a green reptile. The bike was covered with green and yellow scales, a painted yellow underbelly on the bottom of the frame, an angry, fang-baring reptile face on the front of the bike below the handlebars, and was signed by the artist. If you've seen me riding this bike on the trails in Southcentral, you likely remember it. It looks like no other bike. I've appended a crummy-looking photo, which really doesn't do it justice (all of my photos were stolen, too, and this is the best one that any of my friends had). I would really like to get this bike back. Please let me know if you've seen this bike. Thanks.

Hans

Stolen one-of-a-kind mountain bike - please help-arnett-stolen-mountain-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    That sucks Hans. We will keep a look out in G'wood.
    Burntski