mtbr member

Stay off muddy trails!!!!!

Please, please, please stay off muddy, wet trails! I just ran into some mountain bikers trenching the new STA trails. They are NOT ready to sustain traffic at this point! There is still lots of snow out there and wet muddy sections are plentiful. You all know how hard everyone worked to hand finish these trails, let's not trash them now. Typically trails in the Anchorage bowl open to mountain biking June fist. Please be patient, tell your friends and neighbors to be patient. Thank you.

Kincaid STA project report Singletrack Advocates: Kincaid Singletrack Project Report
    litespeed's break

mtbr member
    Chances are they arent on this site, and if they were... they wouldnt give a F$CK or post up and admit to it.

Hope you schooled em up

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I hate to admit I know one group that rode the hillside, I don't know where exactly, I gave them talking to, even offered to drive to/guide them though the Kepler trails, I think that worked. Chalk that one up to naivity, not that its a good excuse. I figure welcoming newbies in by educating them is probably the best approach. Once they understand trail conditions/maintenance we have a better chance of compliance. Yelling at uneducated people may not be the best approach.