FatBike Fiend

Stalking the Albino Leprechan, Knik Glacier.

Faith and Gomorrah, we made another foray into the great white north on St. Patrick's day but the only thing green we saw was Danzante's face after one too many marguerita calientes around the campfire. And the little rascals eluded us once again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

FatBike Fiend

A few more pics for ye

Despite only catching a few brief sightings of the mischievous dwarves out of the corner of our eyes and without kissing the blarney berg too much, a great weekend was had by all.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    Nice shots Wildfire. We missed you when we took the sandy fork on the way in as you were on the way out. We picked up your trail at the creek crossing later in the day. Glad to hear that hole in the ice we saw wasn't too much trouble. It looked cold. We turned around at Metal Creek but might try it again while the riding is good. It's a beautiful ride.

My sore arse/backpack combo was wondering if there were any frame bags available for an 18 inch frame? Drop me a PM if so and I'll try to catch you this week.

FatBike Fiend
    Oh, THAT hole in the ice. Yeah, I kinda punched through on the way in but barely dampened my Neos. We usually go around all that on the upper Trail past Friday Cr. but figured "since the ice was so thick" we'd try the river crossing route. Sorry we missed you, it's big country out there. Yes to framebag question.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    wow....

thats beautiful...

k-2
    mtbr member

sorry we missed you guys...

hey wildfire... we headed in on Sunday afternoon for a quick day trip from the knik river road side. There were bike tracks everywhere, glad to see so many folks getting out there. Great riding conditions for March!

FatBike Fiend

Tracks everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by k-2
    hey wildfire... we headed in on Sunday afternoon for a quick day trip from the knik river road side. There were bike tracks everywhere, glad to see so many folks getting out there. Great riding conditions for March!
    We did it from that side two weeks ago, there's probably a pretty good trail beat in by now. We ran into part of another group of 9 cyclists on Saturday plus you guys and Alaska Red's group and I think one other group came in on Sunday so there's been a lot of bike trafffic up there the last few weeks. It is definately a classic winter ride, conditions don't get any better then they are now. It's kind of weird that with all the 4 wheeler traffic lower down in the Knik valley, very few wheelers actually make it up to the glacier, we didn't see anybody else up there except cyclists.

Rode the Moose Meadows trails yesterday and there are bike tracks everywhere out there too. This winter riding thing seems to be catching on.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    hey wildfier i don't se any picts of the support vehicle and hey is that plotnik pushing real men ride gasolineless

FatBike Fiend

Leprechan transport device

Quote Originally Posted by powder80
    hey wildfier i don't se any picts of the support vehicle and hey is that plotnik pushing real men ride gasolineless
    Ok, Ok, if you insist. I didn't want to show any pictures of next year's new FatBike prototype but here you go. The thing has pedals, you know, gas and brake. What did you expect us to haul the captured Leprechans back with? Geez.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com