rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Soggy Bottom Results

The longest dirt century for mountain bikes in Alaska, was held Saturday July 22nd, in Hope, Alaska.
    Ten of the 15 riders survived the demanding 109 mile scenic route.

(1) Pete Basinger, ( Single Speed) 9:34 ; (2) Chuck Di Marzio, 10:25; (3) Paul Cyr, 11:22 ;
    (4) Mark Jolin, 11:34 ; (5) Ted Cahlane, 12:19 ; (6) Ken DiMarzio, 12:29 ;
    (7) Mike Beiergrohslien, 13:08 ; (8) Jill Homer (1st Female) 13:17; (9) Chris Restal, 13:33 ( Idaho)
    (10)Tony Berberich , (14:17.
    It is worth noting that Jill, is now the second woman in the four years of the Soggy, to enter and complete the 109 mile scenic route that trashes your body and mind and perhaps a bike or two. Janice Tower was the first.
    Last edited by rio; 07-25-2006 at 02:53 PM.

Beware of Doggerel

Cool

Sounds like a good race. Nice size. Man I wish I could have been there.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Tony? What happened to Tony (mesotony)? Please tell me he didn't get eaten by a bear.

Dang, Pete wasn't too far off Darren's time...on his SS! Impressive as usual...

Good job, Jill. Haven't checked your blog for a write-up yet but I'm headed that'a'way.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Tony ........... hmmmmmmm ?

Well, its probably best to let Tony, tell you ?

mtbr member

Thanks Carlos! great race! Great people

I had a really enjoyable time - five more hours of enjoyment, and I could have finished this thing...DNF'd at Devils about the time Peter was finishing...I got a lot right on this attempt: food,hydration - just need to ride a lot more - I will be there next year and you too DaveIT?
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Rob? Please tell me someone had some emergency cheeseburgers stashed along the trail for him...he needs those to counteract the gallons of beer in his Camelback.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rob hmmmmmmm

its best for Rob to tell you but here is a hint, he was a 20 cheese burgers shy of 69 miles.
    He had a blast, but not enough base miles.

I'm from Utah
    Carlos,

I just wanted to say thanks again for putting on a great ride. If you ever need help with future events, let me know. I know there's not a lot I can do from afar, but I could put together posters or send press releases to Banjo Brothers. Let me know.

- Jill

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thank you

Thank you for your offer, and I look forward to your new adventures on your bike in Juneau !

Raubgee

No Maas!

Had a blast out there, but my blast had run out before I even reached Coopers. I bowed out there with Meg from Valdez and Eric who had suffered four flats, two broken chains, a fractured(?) wrist and bruised rib and a split shoe. Meg and I were able to patch him and his bike up to keep him from walking in from Juneau Lk. Walking sucks.
    Technically, my bike was flawless with only one flat, I only bounced my face off the trail one time, but once my spirits fell, they could not be resurrected. Get it? Resurrec… oh whatever. Still, I got to ride a great trail, beat myself up in that short distance, and I'll be back next year with a better game plan.

Rob