rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Results of Uranus Snaux Bro

The riders had the choice of riding to Uranus or to Kincade Chalet, it goes without saying that more riders chose to ride to Kincade than to ride to Uranus. I did hear that there is a photo on a blog ( Bicycles and Icicles ) with a " frosty Woody " standing by Uranus ! Seven of the eight riders found Uranus and then rode back to Goose Lake. The one rider bailed at the ball fields rather than at Uranus ! The ride to Uranus and back to Goose Lake is 17 miles. The out and back mileage for the Kincade option is 26 miles.
    A special thank you to Manny and Maura for the course and photo work !

Uranus Results (17 miles ) :
    Brian Garcia 1:16; Steve Constinine 1:28; Josh Morehouse 1:29; Tim Woody 1:40
    Manny M. 1:46 ; John Shea 2:02; Kirk D. 2:11. Chris T. Abandoned the course

Snaux Bro Results (26 miles )
    Greg Mattyas 1:50; Phil " Dizzy " Hunter; Leonard F. 2:07; Tim Kelly 2:12; Joe Pollock 2:14; Darin Marin 2:19; Evan Morris 2:20; Frank McGuire 3:00. Rob G. Abandoned the course.

GIT-R-DONE!
    What a great night to be out. That was awesome and the conditions just right. Thank you again Carlos for the event and Maura thank you and you’re 2 sisters’ for taking the pictures.

A to Greg on that impressive run to the chalet and back, my hat's off to you brother nicely done. And Brian, wow that was equally as impressive, Beatrice is proud.

Tim and Jon thanks for the laughs at Uranus! “Head cold”
    Last edited by aka bubba; 12-17-2006 at 10:02 PM.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Set a goal and acheive it.

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    Uranus Results (17 miles ) :
    Brian Garcia 1:16; Steve Constinine 1:28; Josh Morehouse 1:29; Tim Woody 1:40
    Manny M. 1:46 ; John Shea 2:02; Kirk D. 2:11. Chris T. Abandoned the course

Snaux Bro Results (26 miles )
    Greg Mattyas 1:50; Phil " Dizzy " Hunter; Leonard F. 2:07; Tim Kelly 2:12; Joe Pollock 2:14; Darin Marin 2:19; Evan Morris 2:20; Frank McGuire 3:00. Rob G. Abandoned the course.
    I was shooting for DFL and I got. My stragey give everyone a head start be gracius and leave room for other riders to pass. Worked like a charm. I had a blast. Thanks.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Good job! Snaux Bro was No Faux

Carlos,
    Sorry Carlos I looked real hard last but never found your Uranus in the dark last night. You'll have to find it on your own.

Once again I had great fun last night.
    To my surprise it was pretty competitive too. That Greg is one tough dude
    The post race tailgaitin was probably the best part of the evening. For those who stayed there was some awesome bull-slingin, story telling. I had talked about bringing my BBQ to the Dec 30th event and cooking up some hot links and burgers for the riders and helpers. I thought it would be a good way to wind up the years riding with a little celebrating. What do you think????

Trail conditions were near perfect. I thought the best part of the course were the two sections of single track

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bbq

cool, bring it ! Bikes, Burgers, Brauts, and Beer, it doesn't get much better !

12/30 Frigid Bits presents, Smack ! This will be a 10 lap ( 10 miles) ice event on Goose Lake !
    Last edited by rio; 12-18-2006 at 07:45 AM. Reason: words

Raubgee

I got Uranus handed to me

By the time I got to the Uranus turnaround, I was feeling so good that I decided to keep on with the long course. Riding with Frank we kept on trucking past the planet (I actually signed up for the short course). We made it to the chalet and turned around. Frank was still doing fine; however my legs had started a mutiny. After emptying what was left of Frank's Gatorade and practicing my impression of a boat anchor, Frank continued on to finish the course. I stayed behind to fend off the wolves. I would say that my favorite part of the race was when the leprechauns showed up and ran alongside me while I began to look forward to the inevetitable sweet embrace of death. Eventually the hallucinations subsided and I made it back to Westchester Lagoon while taking advantage of every bench on the side of the trail to get some feeling back in myanus. A cell phone call to my brother-in-law led to my departure from the race course at the church (how appropriate) across form Cal Worthigton's. He and his wife were watching my two year old son and I wanted to make it back before his high school graduation. But for some strange reason, it was still fun.
    I have to give big ups to Frank for his sweet nectar of life juice and his company. Thanks to Darren and the guys still at the finish holding out the red lantern, and to Carlos for another ride that was so fun I had to save the finish for another time. Thanks for the light too. And Frank, PM me with your info for the fork.