Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Recreational ride partners?

I'm looking for people to ride with (my summer riding partners are all wimps). I'm an experienced rider but new to winter riding. All I have done so far is a couple of rides on the coastal trail, but would like to try other places. Anyone interested in doing some riding together?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have the same problem,I will be out of town this weekend but would be able to do some evening rides next week and day rides next weekend.Would also be up to riding the coastal flats this thursday night provided we do not get to much snow.Give me a ring at work 770-7747 or call my cell at 240-7037. Ask for Jeff

GIT-R-DONE!
    Sent you guys a PM!

On another note a good place to meet up with folks is at the very popular Frigid Bits events that are held. A great bunch of guys and gals. Browse through the forum and you will get a sense as to what it's all about!
    Last edited by aka bubba; 03-20-2007 at 05:00 PM.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

Susan
    Where are you interested in riding? I would love to have someone to ride with out in the Eagle River area. I drive into Anchorage about twice a week and ride with a great group of winter riders. There are usually about 3 - 6 people per ride and we meet somewhere around the Far North Bicentennial Park area. There was a ride last night and will be one tomorrow night as well. When the time and location are determined I will post them. We have a fearless winter riding expert leader and some beginners , so just about the whole spectrum of riders is covered.

It would be great to have a "local" in Eagle River ride too!

-Susan
    Last edited by steel; 03-21-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    "There is a wilder solitude in winter when every sense is pricked alive and keen." -May Sarton

GIT-R-DONE!
    Susan how have you been? It is good to see you around here and welcome.

Manny
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Count me in on recreational / social rides. I'll be watching for postings. I'm mostly available weekday evenings and on Saturday.

Diaskeuast

Sounds good to me

I think rounding up some social rides via the forum sounds like a great idea. Depending on what the weather does tonight and tomorrow, I'm interested in a ride Thursday night (the Four-mile Loop area has been great recently). If that doesn't work out, I'll watch this thread and try to get in on a ride someone else suggests.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ride report

I just rode the 4 mile loop which is located off the Tank trail, and Rovers; the Hillside trails now have a 2 inch layer of fine dry snaux over boiler plate. I rode my sumo bike and Jeff rode his 26r with regular rims and some sort of a knobby tire; Jeff seemed to truck right along with no unusual problems. I had to reduce the psi on the sumo bike a bit; then it floated/plowed through the snaux just fine

Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    I think rounding up some social rides via the forum sounds like a great idea. Depending on what the weather does tonight and tomorrow, I'm interested in a ride Thursday night (the Four-mile Loop area has been great recently). If that doesn't work out, I'll watch this thread and try to get in on a ride someone else suggests.

Diaskeuast

Tonight

Based on Rio's trail report and the weather forecast, tonight looks good for a ride. I'm thinking of starting from Hilltop Trailhead on Abbott Road at 6:30 and riding Rover's, Four-mile Loop, etc. I'm flexible. Well, that's not really trueómy body makes strange creaking and popping noises if I try to touch my toes, and my back gets stiff a lotóbut I'm open to trail ideas.

If anyone's interested, post a response here. If people are coming from the north and would prefer to meet at the North Bivouac trailhead, we could meet there 15 minutes after the southern crowd leaves from Hilltop.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

mtbr member

Count me in

I should be able to be there at 6:30. If not, I'll call you and let you know not to wait.
    Maura

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pat welcome?

Can I come?
    630pm at the outer lot.
    Pat

Beware of Doggerel
    I'll be there.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Diaskeuast

Uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by patirwin
    Can I come?
    630pm at the outer lot.
    Pat
    Oh, crap! Who told Pat?

See you guys there. And yeah, Pat, I was thinking of the outer lot.

Susan

Another ride tonight

Well, for those interested in a purely fun and recreational (i.e. slow people & beginners welcome!) ride with those who savor the scenery... (including this phat and slow lady ) - meet at 6:30 pm tonight at the elementary school on 68th.

-Susan
    "There is a wilder solitude in winter when every sense is pricked alive and keen." -May Sarton

Are you talking to me?

Wish I could.

My back is finally better, but I still can not risk injury. I go in to the Muldoon Pool League playoffs next week, and am training for the League Nationals in May. Cant risk the injuries, but my heart is with you all. Turn some cranks for me.

Hey, Pat. Long time.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Do ya'll mind if I tag along w/ my dog who is pretty trail savy?

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsledhead
    Do ya'll mind if I tag along w/ my dog who is pretty trail savy?
    Leashes are required in some of the areas where we'll be riding. The BLM and Parks and Rec folks have been making a real effort in recent months to reduce problems by getting people to comply with the rules. At the risk of sparking another contentious thread on the forum, I have to say I'm not a fan of unleashed dogs in the park, and I'm certainly not going to endorse it.

Beware of Doggerel
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    At the risk of sparking another contentious thread on the forum, I have to say I'm not a fan of unleashed dogs in the park, and I'm certainly not going to endorse it.

Well Tim, that's what you say, but your bark is worse than your bite, I mean that's a pretty ruff position your taking there. But, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here. So maybe today isn't the best time to bring a pet, but every dog has his day. Well I gotta go, I'm working like a ... well you know.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    See ya there !!! Rode it last night,bet its even better today !

Susan

Dog Parks

Connors Bog South Anchorage Sports Park is a place where winter biking is ok with a dog not on a leash. I rode it once earlier this winter and it was a nice ride and everyone there is very dog friendly.

-Susan

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Well Tim, that's what you say, but your bark is worse than your bite, I mean that's a pretty ruff position your taking there.
    If I get preachy, just throw a ball and I'll completely lose control of myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Susan,

I'll join you at the school.
    --
    Curt Harris
    Anchorage, AK
    charris@alaska.net

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Nevermind...And yes I am one of the dog owners in the park without their dog on a leash of which are about 3/4 of the dog owners using the park. I think it is more dangerous having my dog on a leash for myself and other trail users. But, that's for another thread.

Ya'll have fun. Maybe next time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ohhhh, it's ruff ruff being a dog
    eaten dinner out of a can
    they don't like it when you shed,
    you can't sleep on the bed,
    it's da gon gone too far.

Poor dogs don't get any slack!
    --
    Curt Harris
    Anchorage, AK
    charris@alaska.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

4 mile trail

Which 4 mile trail are we riding tonight? Is it a Pugs ride or will a 29/snowcat work OK?
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast