GIT-R-DONE!

Rear Or Front Rack?

I was tossing around the concept of a rack to carry gear for a full day's winter ride. I am not sure if I should go with a rear mounted rack or a forward mounted rack.

I can see the benefits to either or, but not ever having used one I am not certain on what works best. So your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon

Caveman
    If I had to pick one I'd go rear. It dosent effect bike handeling as much if you have it loaded funky.
    Also in winter having the weight on the back makes pushing is easier since the front will be easier to pick up.

Also front racks require special mounting with suspension forks obviously.

I can see people's logic behind having stuff up front to equal the load on snow out a bit more but I think the points above outweigh that.

Wood chips are stupid

Rears

If it is only for day long rides, try just go with the rear rack as BB said. Also,a seatpost clamp on one is grerat because it comes off easily for shorter rides. More importantly, never store your stove fuel anywhere near food or where food might be in the future. Bikes are sexy.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

GIT-R-DONE!

Thanks Guys

Good call on the QR seat post rack. I ended up getting the Topeak QR Beam. Now I can keep my bike looking sexy and she will love me long time!
    Checking Out The Big Phenomenon