Thread: Question

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Question

I have gone through two bottom brackets is it just coincidence? riding? It also any recommended lubes for winter I use the wax lube it worked great in the summer but seems like its lacking in the winter. well those are all the questions also preventing rust on bikes any ideas? mainly on my drivetrain thanks and hope to see you all on the trails and roads as weather and plows permit.

Wood chips are stupid

your parts

Some BB are just plain garbage(cheap Shimanos). Add cold hard grease,and it WILL fail. Best way to prevent your chain from rusting is to use a stainless steel one. I have never seen a frame break due to rust. But, there is Frame Saver you can spray in there. Pedros makes a cold weather lube(Syn Lube). So does Finish Line(Cross Country). No matter what you do or use,at 30 or more under zero things are going to stiffen up. Have fun!

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks for the info yea think its a cheap shimano they make a good dynamo and gears but I think I bought the wrong bb... I think for my rust prevention lub thing is to just not ride when the snow reaches my chain other than that happy riding and stay warm!!