rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Phat Snaux Byke Poundage Challenge !

Have you ever wondered how much poundage you have between your legs in the winter time ? Well, you now have a chance to figure that out ! Chain Reaction is the place to visit and weigh your snaux byke and see if you can make the coveted sub-30 lb. club.
    Snaux byke minumum requirements: the bike must have snow cats or snow cat width rims or larger and the bike must be snow worthy. See if you can make the Sub 30 Weight Weenie Club !
    Last edited by rio; 11-02-2006 at 06:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

sub 30? BF said Rio has...

Hey Rio,

It has been asserted by a certain small business owner in S Anch that you have 34 lbs between your legs, not the sub 30 you claim! Please explain.

Ak29
    Singletrack Advocates Anchorage, Alaska
    Susitna 100 "Race Across Frozen Alaska"

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Size does matter

I had to have a drastic change in my spindle length so I could have a sub 30 and all this cold weather also causes major shrinkage ! 29 lbs.:1 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Ak29
    Hey Rio,

It has been asserted by a certain small business owner in S Anch that you have 34 lbs between your legs, not the sub 30 you claim! Please explain.

Ak29

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

It True !!!

Its true!!! I saw it. On a good day its 29.1lbs. It was amazing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Going for sub 24 lbs.

My AMP B-4 has been a winter only bike for about 5 years now and should be well under 30 lbs. I'd guess stripped down, no tool-parts bag it shouldn't be much over 26 lbs. with SnoCat SL's. I run Nokian NBX 2.3's on the rear and and after cutting off lugs to get the pattern wanted, ended up with a 100 gram pile of rubber. Planning on turning the new Motobecane Team Fly into a winter bike as it's got good tire clearance. It's under 20 lbs. now and by switching out the Sidi fork for a rigid lightweight one and having Simon build a set of fairly light, (depends on how much money I have after a big building project is done), SnoCat SL's I'm hoping to get it under 24 or even 23 lbs. I like the idea of having a rigid bike for multi day winter trips too, while the AMP has never let me down it just make sense that less parts means more dependability.