Hey Everyone! Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers is applying for an RTP grant for the Palmer Bike Park. Our grant application is looking pretty good. We've been waiting literally two years to apply for funds for this project, and it looks like all the time we've put in is paying off.
First, we need your help with support letters! Support letters for our grant application should be in by the 12th of November at the latest, but I'm going to make it very easy for you to just send one right now!
You can easily write a quick letter of support using the comments and suggestions below:
1. The park is a place where cyclists of all ages and abilities can learn new biking skills and ride with confidence on all types of terrain.
2. The project location, Matanuska River Park, lies in a unique central location that ties together multiple community assets.
3. Mat River Park has well developed primitive group camping developed RV camping sites with a dump station, sewage systems and bathrooms. This opens the bike park to regional tourism and creates a recreational “base-camp” for individuals visiting Palmer and the Matanuska Valley’s many recreational opportunities.
4. Advocate for a healthy community. (Physically, economically, socially, mentally, culturally, and spiritually.)
5. Promote FUN diverse recreational opportunities for all ages.
6. Defend a bike-able (& walkable) community -trails connect all aspects of life, ranging from other trails, to businesses, schools and other communities
7. Support a strong economy through Biking
8. Advocate lifetime skill development-safety, social and technical skill development
Send your letters of support to:email@example.com
Second, and possibly more important item is to attend the meeting on October 28th for the Matanuska River Park Draft Master Plan. This draft plan includes specific space for a bike park, short flow trail, and upkeep of the fun forest singletrack that runs along the bluff. Check out the info below:
Monday, October 28, 2013; the meeting starts at 5:00 pm although other issues are on the agenda prior (attached)
MTA Headquarters (480 Commercial Drive, Palmer, downstairs) Public input, support, and other testimony are welcome – 3 minutes is allowed per person (please sign-up when you arrive)
You can use those same points I listed above in your public testimony. If you want to comment but can't make it, you can find the Parks, Rec Trails board member emails here.
If you haven't taken a look at the awesome plan yet, you can see it at the following link: http://www.matsugov.us/<wbr>communitydevelopment/<wbr>matanuska-river-park-master-<wbr>plan
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email. If you can't make it to the meeting or workdays, don't feel bad, you could always donate funds directly to Valley Mountain Bikers and Hikers. Your donation directly supports Valley Trails.
That's it for today! Send me your comments and let's get this bike park built in 2014! Thanks for your help everyone!
Results 1 to 2 of 2