mtbr member
    Oct 2010

P.O.S. (Paramount On Snow) group ride

The P.O.S. (Paramount on Snow) group ride continues on this week Thursday December 13th starting from the Elmore ball fields parking lot at 7pm. Since our temps have increased by nearly 30 degrees from last Thursday we are going to do a slightly longer ride this time out. We are going to ride from the parking lot out to the tour trail and up to speedway. Run speedway out to moose meadow and then up moose meadow to the connector for rovers. We will ride up rovers to Campbell creek and ride up out of the creek and around to the North Bivouac trail head. From there we will pick up the moose ridge trail like last week. We will ride this and connect over to the lower Campbell airstrip road parking lot where we will pick up the tour trail again. Then from the tour we will run salmon run back to the tour trail. Then we will run the tour trail over to Blue Dot. We will ride Blue Dot back to moose tracks and out to the smoke jumper parking lot. From there the usual Lynx trail up to Birch Meadow and from birch meadow back up to the Elmore parking lot. See you all at the trailhead Thursday!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    As a heads up Rovers between Moose meadow and the hillside had significant overflow that was hard to get around last week (very slick). Might want to go up Brown bear to avoid this area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    As a heads up Rovers between Moose meadow and the hillside had significant overflow that was hard to get around last week (very slick). Might want to go up Brown bear to avoid this area.
    Plenty of mostly bonded snow on it earlier this week, undoubtedly even more now, so traction should be fine.
    Last edited by sryanak; 12-12-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Latitude 61

Anchorage, AK
    Anyone have a guess on trail conditions for tonight? It may be a bit soft.

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Most trails drug with the exception of parts of the Tour as of this AM. Most undrug trails are soft mash potatoes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I pre road the route for tonight yesterday at the tail end of the storm on my moonlander running my big treads. So there is a nice firm 5 inch track over everywhere we will be going. It is definitely going to be a low pressure slower moving ride tonight but it will be fun. I am hoping a few people followed my tracks yesterday to help lay in some more tracks. I also went out again for a short loop in the evening and the multi use trail had good traffic on it after grooming so it was a little firmer. Road up rovers and the overflow was not a problem any longer as of yesterday afternoon. However there was significant overflow on speedway and the first part of moose ridge so our route will be adjusted accordingly. See you all at the trailhead.

mtbr member
    Thanks for another great ride!

mtbr member
    Thanks for another great ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks again everyone that joined us on our group ride last night. I had a blast and I hope all of you had fun on some proper slow and low fat bike riding. See you all next thursday at 7 at the Elmore Ball fields.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi
    I'm new to Anchorage and currently have a rental bike, do you guys mind if I join along tonight if you are riding?

Regards Nick
    Would rather be out riding!

It's not just about a bike

bikewrider.blogspot.com
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blades2000 View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to Anchorage and currently have a rental bike, do you guys mind if I join along tonight if you are riding?

Regards Nick
    Nick,
    here's Murph's info on tonight's ride, he's been doing a new POS thread each week:

" murphy87
    mtbr member

P.O.S.(Paramount on Snow)
    Hey everyone Paramount will be hosting another Thursday night group ride this weekend December 27th. The ride will start at 7pm from the Abbott Loop ball fields. We will be looking to ride for roughly 1.5-2 hours this time since we have some nice warm weather and good fresh snow to help smooth out all those roots and bumps. This week won't have quite as much climbing as last week just more good twisty fun singletrack. See you all at the trail head! "

Paramount is great about including any and all who want to join.
    Don't hesitate to show up and join the ride, some great fatbiking out there right now.

Parenting duties preclude me from joining the group ride, still going out riding just have to stick to trails I can tow a trailer down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks,
    Where is Abbott loop Ball fields? Is it off Elmore Road by Coventry drive?
    Nick
    Would rather be out riding!

It's not just about a bike