mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Out-of-towner looking for riding buddy(s) for Alyeska and/or other trails

My name is Cassi. I'm in town on business for a couple weeks but have Fri - Sun off. I just found that you all have a DH Bike Park near by, Alyeska. Sweet. I'm trying to find some folks who would like to ride or at least show me some trails the first few runs/hrs. I'm sure they have maps but those first few times on a new trail in a new area are nice to have another along especially after the lady on the plane scared the **** out of me with bear and moose stories.

Skill level-wise, I just started XC racing down in AZ and will be moving to Cat 1 next year. Probably intermediate/moving to advanced rider tech wise with good endurance so I won't hold you up too long, I swear. I'm trying to get better at DH/Enduro riding. It's a blast and may actually be my forte. We just got back from Angel Fire Bike Park in NM before I had to head up here. I brought my Ibis Mojo HD so I'm good for most type of riding though on my big bike, I'm a bit slower uphill.

So:

1a) Anyone hitting up Alyeska Fri, Sat, and/or Sun I could tag with for a couple hours?

1b) How are the Aleyska trails? Are features marked well? Terrain - smooth, rocky, loose? Are most things rollable if you don't feel like hucking or jumping? I can do drops up to about 2-3 ft ok with speed but still working on the jumping technique and how to control my bike in the air.

2) Any other group rides or rides going on this wkend/next weekdays I could join or anyone willing to ride with me/show me the premier trails of the Anchorage area?

3) Premier trails suggestions even if you can't ride/be a guide?

Appreciate any info. Thank you,

Cas

mtbr member
    Check out the trails in Kincaid Park. You could easily spend a few hours riding these xc style trails. They are fast and swoopy.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-docW2moMp6...stances+03.jpg
    litespeed's break

Elitest thrill junkie
    Great trails just a little further than Alyeska.

I'm hoping to hit some this weekend. Maybe we can get some people together for Lost Lake?

Gotta go ride here in a few minutes at Kincaid! Maybe tomorrow at Hillside.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Howdy Cassi! We hope to see you riding down at Alyeska! We offer intro bike Park guided tours Fridays at 1. They are just a quick "get to know the park" sort of a ride. As a skilled rider, you should have no issues managing on the trails in the bike park. The trails are marked well and all of the jumps are rollable. There are no trails w/ mandatory drops of air. Enjoy exploring the trails of Southcentral AK! You will be thrilled with your adventures. Cheers!
    Burntski
    Burntski

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You all are great. Thank you!

Nice riding with you yesterday, Jayem. I think that was you right? White fat bike? Kincaid is a blast.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, friggin huge white bike
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.