Thread: New Wildfire

mtbr member

New Wildfire

Well, not new, but rebuilt and looking better than ever. Fresh Hugger Orange powdercoat looks better than the old dark blue. Yeah the Endomorphs clear the chainstays and front fork by about 1/8th inch. Thanks to imaginative portapower work and fanatical wheel trueing this combi works. I've got a Shiver SC still to add but that requires the Gazzi 3.0's. As you see it the bike weighs 33 lbs and that with front brakes and my old DH stem that probably goes 1+ pounds. This is an X post you might find interesting:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...51524#poststop
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtnbikerx; 12-18-2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added photo
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

Wood chips are stupid

Great looking bike!

Fat tired bikes look so cool. Orange is such a good color for a bike. I have two of them! Nice ride.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

No, that's not phonetic
    Thaz cool, but where's da snow??
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member

Christmas in Maine

HOOYA, it's 50F today! This has been the mildest season on record around here, and no one is disappointed that we have no ice, no snowbanks, no crusty salt on shoes and no frozen truck seat cushions in the morning. But I'm ready

k-2
    mtbr member

another wildfire...

It has been a long wait... I think I fist raced with one of Marks bikes in 2000 or 2001. I finally broke down and went fat! Kathi M. thanks for the color choice. The frame came back from the paint shop this way... painted wth your color. After seeing it I decided your choice was better than mine!

k-2
    mtbr member
    and yes, this Clydesdale cruizer is sub 30lbs.... just barely!!

FatBike Fiend

Looks nice

Hey X I'm glad you got those tires to work with the big rims. Those are some honkin' wheels. Let me know if you need a frame decal set for the new paint job. Now all you need is some snow to complete the ensemble.

K-2, looks great, where did you take that picture, that looks like fresh snow. Let it be known that the color snafu was my fault not the powdercoat guys. Oopsy, but that is a great color anyway.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

k-2
    mtbr member
    the pic was from crev-mo... just enough snow to test the new set-up. I hope to get out on the Iditarod trail this weekend for a longer ride, maybe even a bike-jour. It is snowing hard this morning in Palmer!!

mtbr member

Wildfire headbadge?

Mark, I have the sticker set that you sent me last year, but I like the style on K-2's bike better. Are the headbadges available? Obviously I'd expect to pay for the updated sticker set, badge and shipping.

FatBike Fiend

Head Badge of Courage

I have the head badges and new stickers, send me an email and I'll pimp your ride. I'm working on an orange sparkly bike now, I'll post a couple pics when it's done.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member

Cold Orange

Finally got snow here a couple of weeks ago -- then the temps dropped to the minus numbers. It's been extremely cold and windy here for the past two weeks but I finally got a chance to ride the snow last Sunday. No camera then but this Sunday I got a snow pic of the Wildfire in it's element. I got the headbadge and seatpost sticker on but not the others yet. What a great bike.
    Last edited by mtnbikerx; 02-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.

FatBike Fiend

Agent orange

Glad to hear you got some snow down there, the bike looks great. Carrying the orange theme a little further, here's mine loaded down for a four day trip. It's mainly for visibility, so if I get run down by a snowmachiner they can't claim they didn't see me but it does look kinda cool, I think.. Heading out tomorrow up the Yentna, if anybody wants to see more snow around here, this will surely cause it to happen.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com