mtbr member
    Feb 2013

NEW FAT TIRE & SKI DUATHLON RACE ADDED MARCH 10th

NEW FAT TIRE & SKI DUATHLON RACE ADDED MARCH 10th: There will be a new fat tire bike and freestyle ski duathlon on March 10th added to the AMH Anchorage Cup Race Series, so put it on your calendar and find a fat tire bike or a friend with one to race with. This race will be held at Kincaid, with the bikers course primarily on the single track trails and skiers on ski trails. There will be solo and relay catagories. Information for this race will be posted as soon as the organizers have it. Details to come.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Interesting! Might be quite fun? This is a good thing with the Ski community embracing Fat Bikes .

Anchorage, AK
    How about allowing teams--one skier and one fat-biker.
    --Peace

bikewrider.blogspot.com
    Jun 2011
    How about a fatbikes towing skiers race?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars_D View Post
    How about allowing teams--one skier and one fat-biker.
    I think that's what they mean by relay category.

mtbr member
    From my understanding the relay is a team - one biker, one skier. Thinking of doing this with my daughter. She's a skier and I am not. No way I could do the ski portion. Sounds like a cool race all around.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm looking forward to it. Transitions should be fun to watch!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcRS View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. Transitions should be fun to watch!
    Should be a fun race. Only difference from a standard winter triathlon will be that it leaves out the run at the start (run/bike/ski). Keep your eyes open next winter for a full winter tri to reappear on the race schedule.

It is great to see the cooperation between the user groups. There has sure been some big steps made just in the last few years to work together and move some good projects forward.

mtbr member
    What would it take to use the rifle range and arrange a Fatbike Biathlon?
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitman View Post
    What would it take to use the rifle range and arrange a Fatbike Biathlon?
    Something like that would take a lot more coordination. There are a lot of precautions they take before you are allowed to use the range. If you are serious about something like that, I would suggest starting by contacting the NSAA since they manage the range or at least can get you connected to the right person to start with. It sure would be an interesting event if it did happen.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Phat and Freestyle will be a duathlon with approximately a 10K ski (first) and a 10K bike, the bike will primarily be on singletrack. Find out more at Anchorage Nordic Ski dot com (sorry, won't let me post a link!) under "racing" and "AMH Anchorage Cup", race will be at noon on Sunday, March 10 - remember to set your clocks forward for daylight savings time! You can register online (avoid the line!) or from 10:00 - 11:00 at the bunker next to Kincaid Chalet. Bib pickup will be from 10:00 - 11:30, also at the bunker. Start and transition area will be in the biathalon stadium, please come early to set up your gear! Potluck and awards immediately after race in the bunker, please bring something to share if you plan on attending. For more information, you can contact the race directors at riverhag at yahoo dot com (nope, still can't post a link!) or anbethe at gmail dot com, or call the NSAA hotline 248-6667. Looking for volunteers, let us know if you can help out as we pull this new event together.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Oh, and there will be both team and solo categories.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Link to race info site:
    AMH Anchorage Cup