mtbr member
    Jul 2006

New Blacksheep fork

Mvc-028f.jpgMvc-027f.jpgNew Blacksheep fork just arrived. James and Ryan at Blacksheep create some beautiful work with Titanium.
    Just installed it tonight. I'll let you know how it rides.
    Pictures are kind of grainy. Need to upgrade the camera.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    What kind of v-brakes are you using with the snowcats?

mtbr member
    What are Blacksheep like to work with? Do they offer custom tubing options on the forks? What was the lead time? Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What kind of v-brakes are you using with the snowcats?

I'm using Tektro's 823A. These are about the only V-Brakes that seem work well with these rims. I have used them for 5 years or so and have no complaints. The brakes are actually installed backwards to get the clearance for the wheels.
    I like this set up and it's lighter than going to disc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    They are great to work with. Ryan is very good with communication and makes sure you get what your asking for. I believe James does all the builds but I am not certain.
    I just wanted a standard built TI segmented fork so I don't know what they offer for custom tube types. I was really not excited about going to a Sibex because of the issues they have had with breakage. Plus I like to support domestic bike builders.
    The lead time was about 6 weeks but I was not in a big rush. They could have turned it out in four but I told them when my drop dead date was and they met it. They seem to be pretty busy right now after talking to them.

Cheers