mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Middle Fork Loop - Lost Cabin trail report

Rode from Glen Alps to Basher via Middle Fork Loop and Lost Cabin Trail. Conditions from Glen Alps to the Williwaw Lakes cutoff were pretty good with a lot of patches of loose wind blown snow. Had to walk the bike a few spots and was barely in control in loose snow in others, but overall good conditions. As soon as I turned left at the Williwaw Lakes cutoff the trail got packed and fast! Definitely wore the brake pads down a bit for that part, great riding from there to Lost Cabin cutoff. Lost Cabin section was fairly icy with lots of exposed roots and minimal snow pack, very bumpy for the last leg of the trail.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Just did it. Middle Fork is in great condition, great snow for almost the entire trail, no icy hill traverses or bad sections. You won't find the upper parallel trail though

Can't say the same for all of South Rim, but it's passable and not too bad, the upper portion past the Blueberry intersection is actually very good. Stuff in Hilltop STA is very icy. In studs I trust.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.