Wood chips are stupid

Mat Su F Bits Pics

Great fun to be had in the valley today. Fast course, fast food and fast dogs! Here are some pics of the party after the race. There is a bunch of them,if that bothers you, just let me know and I will PM you a response
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Wood chips are stupid

'sup dog...

Pooches are people too

JT

Wood chips are stupid

Barrell of fun

...when the man comes around.

JT

Wood chips are stupid

Night burn

The barrell is the post race highlight for sure!

JT

Wood chips are stupid

Man of steel

Thanks Rio,Mark,Tim and Greg for your work to make this a cool thing.

JT

I'm from Utah
    Wow. Where can I get some of that Burn Barrel Ale?

Wood chips are stupid

Bba

Good chance there will be some at the next Bits bit. You will have to show up at the next event to get some I guess. It was mmm mmm good!

akdeluxe

JT

Mr.Secret
    Having read about this burn barrel in previous posts I was thinkn' what's the big deal ?? Well after having seen it now I understand, ain't your average 55 gal. drum, that thing is sweet !! BBQ looks killer also. Good job folks...

Grillin' & Chillin'

Great Pics akdeluxe

Thanks for posting the photos so quick. They definitely add some style to the Alaskan Frigid Bits Forum.

FatBike Fiend

Frigid Moose Drewl pics

Here's a few more pics. The omnipotent presence of the FBBB must have calmed the weather gods because the Matanuska wind has resumed it's assault with 75 mph gusts today.
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Fatback
    Great shot of you coming down the hill Wildfire. That's a keeper. Maybe we can round up folks again and come up and join you for a trail ride toward the end of the month. Hate to miss all that grooming.

Fatback
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilleo
    Wow. Where can I get some of that Burn Barrel Ale?
    Jilleo-I'll have some for you at the Gulo Gulo on the 10th. The FBBB will be there along with the FBBBA.

FatBike Fiend

One more

Thanks, I snuck that one in even though it was taken the day before the race. Here's another one.

Come on up, the trails are still great. Anyone up for another Knik Glacier trip next weekend? We found a closer put in point off Knik River Rd so the trip can be done in around 5 1/2 hours including rubbernecking at the glacier.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

ckg
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

more Mat-Su Frigid Bits pics1

race action pics

ckg
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

and more.....

more matsufrigidbits race pics

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Phast, Phat & Phun

Thank you for the additional photos, everyone looks like they are having Phat Phun !

We need a green bike for the March 17th swill fest and grillzilla big phat snaux bike ballz**
    more on this later !

Anyone check out Endo"s rear tire ?
    On March 17th, the first and possibly last Frigid Bits Phat Bike Snauz Ballz Festival we occurr. This is where everyone who has a Phat bike will get a chance to show it off and have a chance to see how the owner can trail ride it. Hopefully, we can break some sort of record for the largest gathering of beer eyed riders and their phat bikes ! There may be some sort of extremely cheezey reward from an exclusive dumpster for the coolest Phat Bike. There will also be an equally extravagant award for the lightest Phat bike that is equipped with Edo's and Large Marges. Stay tune to this forum for more Phrigid Bits Phat Phun updates.
    There will also be a ice crit on Westchester lagoon and a trail ride ( for all bikes phat or not phat) out to some where and back for us who drink beer but have this biking problem. Those who only have a biking problem are also welcome to join in the phat bike snaux ballz hoopla-ha evening of swillin, & chillin with the best secret in the art world ; The Frigid Bits Burn Barrel!
    Last edited by rio; 03-05-2007 at 07:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks, everyone for the great pics and great time on Sat. I usually just lurk here following trail conditions, but was running the trails on Sat in the lull between wind storms and joined you for post-race fun.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

trailrun

thanks for joining us and it was very nice to see you again after all these years !
    Last edited by rio; 03-05-2007 at 11:50 PM.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

numbers and names

in order of appearance :
    334 - ak delux, Endorando, 241 grillmeister aka speedsk8, 333 - Harris,
    335 - Mike Danz, 374 - thirsty work, 338 - Nick Rome, 333- that Harris Dewd
    327 - Jill Valerius

Grillin' & Chillin'

Sasquatch with a Camera

Thanks for the photos CKG. It was like a Sasquatch sighting running in to you in the middle of the woods. I was so focused on the trail that I didn't see you until I was almost on top of you. That was quite a surprise.

mtbr member
    I ride or ski there almost every day and it just happens to be the week I'm out of town this event happens. Just my luck. Looks like the conditions were hard and fast. Out of curiosity, what was the course and what kind of times were people posting. I'd imagine knowing that burn barrel is roaring and there and bottles of burn barrel ale await would get people back in a hurry. Glad to see folks had a good time out there.

I still find active trap lines out there, so if you head that way with the doggies keep an eye on them. Whatever the bait is it draws our dogs as well as the wild ones.

If anyone wants to ride one of these days drop me a line on here, I'm out there most days.
    -Will

FatBike Fiend

Ya missed it

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRed
    I ride or ski there almost every day and it just happens to be the week I'm out of town this event happens. Just my luck. Looks like the conditions were hard and fast. Out of curiosity, what was the course and what kind of times were people posting. I'd imagine knowing that burn barrel is roaring and there and bottles of burn barrel ale await would get people back in a hurry. Glad to see folks had a good time out there.

I still find active trap lines out there, so if you head that way with the doggies keep an eye on them. Whatever the bait is it draws our dogs as well as the wild ones.

If anyone wants to ride one of these days drop me a line on here, I'm out there most days.
    -Will
    Will, sorry you missed it. Here's a map of the course. I'll probably be out there tomorrow around 3 or so if you want to ride, still clearing the last of the flagging from the course. Thanks Dallas, powder80 and Dave for getting most of it. Conditions were hard and fast. We'll probably do it again next year. Thirstywork won the long course in around 1:43 (I think) despite a wrong turn and climb to near the tree line.
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

mtbr member

Thanks Wildfire

Looks like a great course, thanks for the map. I'll try to get out there at 3 this afternoon but we might be later. Hopefully we'll see you out there. -Will